Feature Request: Add Webhooks for Users’ Meeting events

Description
The Meeting Events webhook APIs include several APIs with the name Participant* (e.g. Participant Joined. It would be very helpful to add these events to the User Events APIs. That would allow developers like me to create 3rd party applications that react to these user-oriented event messages.

The problem I’m trying to solve is that the Meeting Events Participant* webhooks all state that “The meeting host must be a user in your account or a user in any other accounts that have installed your webhook-enabled app.” I don’t meet these conditions. Although I do not have the ability to get the meeting host’s organization to install my marketplace application, I can however get a subset of the meeting participants to opt to install the application into their own accounts, and the application would be able to provide value to those users based on the events I am requesting webhooks for.

Details
The specific webhooks that I propose to add to the User Events set of webhooks include:

• User Waiting for Host - This would be synonymous with, and use the same API contract as Participant Waiting for Host
  • User Joined a Meeting Before Host - This would be synonymous with, and use the same API contract as Participant Joined a Meeting Before Host
  • User Joined a Waiting Room - This would be synonymous with, and use the same API contract as Participant Joined a Waiting Room
  • User Left a Waiting Room - This would be synonymous with, and use the same API contract as Participant Left a Waiting Room
  • User Admitted - This would be synonymous with, and use the same API contract as Participant Admitted
  • User Joined - This would be synonymous with, and use the same API contract as Participant Joined
  • User Put in a Waiting Room - This would be synonymous with, and use the same API contract as Participant Put in a Waiting Room
  • User Left - This would be synonymous with, and use the same API contract as Participant Left

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
See above.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
N/A

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
I’m looking to develop an application for students and their parents to remind them to join a meeting if they fail to do so in a timely manner. I predict that in general it will be difficult to get school IT administrators to install my application, but I expect it to be much easier to get parents to install this application, since busy parents need help making sure their children are attending their school’s remote classes during COVID-19 quarantining.

Any thoughts on this request?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.