Meeting.parcipant_joined

Description
So I am integrating zoom into our platform and for meeting.participant_joined, it is always returning the id as the user id not the registrant id. The webinar.participant_joined correct returns the registrant id. I have registration and authentication required list the docs explain to do, but still no luck.

Error
Not sure if this an error with the webhook or not as I am setup correctly.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Webhook/s?

Hey @kevin.thrailkill,

Is it possible to share an example payload and the Meeting ID so that we can take a closer look? Happy to investigate.

Thanks,
Will

{
    "payload": {
        "meetingNum": "97004466503",
        "account_id": "FQrkl-0wSRWJ334-eviUlA",
        "object": {
            "uuid": "v2Dv88lLSHC2Rq+iQXaxjw==",
            "participant": {
                "user_id": "16778240",
                "user_name": "Kevin Thrailkill",
               "id": "jgZDFLz0R4SJi33WxOY35g",
                "email": "kevinjt92@gmail.com",
                "join_time": "2020-12-18T19:36:43Z"
            },
            "id": "97004466503",
            "type": 2,
            "topic": "My Meeting 3 Require auth",
            "host_id": "orWyfz2NQCedgTo73dKxng",
            "duration": 60,
            "start_time": "2020-12-18T19:36:43Z",
            "timezone": "America/Los_Angeles"
        }
    },
    "event_ts": 1608320205564,
    "event": "meeting.participant_joined"
}

The participant ID is always user_id. I confirmed this by creating a separate developer account for my gmail.It is supposed to be the registrant id which is khaeBIIFSk6O7UN3ZprLNA

Hey @kevin.thrailkill,

Thank you for providing additional information. I’ve since reached out to our internal team in regard to this issue (ZOOM-229421). As soon as I hear more information from them, I’ll be sure to update you.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM , Just following up on this issue.

Kevin

Hey @kevin.thrailkill,

Thank you for your patience, I understand it has been quite a while since we’ve seen an update on this. I don’t see any movement on the issue I’ve created so I reached out to a member of the engineering team to make sure that they are aware of the issue.

I’m pushing to get an update ASAP. I’ll be sure to keep you posted as there are new developments.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @kevin.thrailkill,

Our internal team got back to me and indicated that this is a known issue that will be fixed in a future release but they weren’t able to provide an ETA. I’ll be sure to keep you updated as the issue progresses.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM is there any update on this bug or resolution time?

Kevin

Hey @kevin.thrailkill,

We don’t have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved just yet. You can stay up-to-date on upcoming changes here as well as our changelog.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.