Meeting Participants all given the same name (Host's name)

Thanks for your help @jmauck!

This happened to me in a meeting today. Everyone came into the meeting under my name. Any idea why or how to avoid this in the future?

Hey @klosadubois,

Did they all use your start_url or unique join_url if using registration?

Thanks,
Tommy

This happened to me today. Several users all joined the meeting and were assigned the same name. I’m not sure which link they used to log in/join the meeting. It sounds like that would make a difference? How can we avoid this in the future?

Hey @labell,

Please reach out to support.zoom.us with the meeting number so the support team can investigate.

Thanks,
Tommy

This happened to me right now. There are so many people under my name. What should I do?

@orangecounty

We found that in the meeting information which is returned by the API, there are two links. One is “zoomStartUrl” and the other is “zoomJoinUrl.” Using “zoomStartUrl” starts the meeting, but it also logs you in as the owner of the meeting, giving you the name of the meeting owner. Using “zoomJoinUrl” joins the meeting with your current account and you keep your name.

For our applicaion we had to track who was creating the meeting, and give them the “zoomStartUrl” so that they could start the meeting, and for all other participants we gave them the “zoomJoinUrl.”

Hope this helps.

1 Like

The same occurs with my meetings. But i use the participants(registrants) join_url(individual URLs), and all enters with the host name.

Hey @torshdev,

Thanks for providing your solution, that is correct. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @fabiowoj, @orangecounty,

Please provide exact steps to reproduce this issue so I can debug.

Thanks,
Tommy

So today we held a webinar and about 40 attendees all had the same name? Why has this happened?

Hey @River,

Please reach out to support.zoom.us for issues unrelated to the Zoom App Marketplace Platform.

Most likely you are sharing your host start url with all the participants instead of the join url.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello, I have a question regarding to the host name displaying in the email notification .

I should not get the Please submit any questions to: [user mail] in the email confirmation as shown in the picture . Is there any possibilities to change in the meeting setting under email notifications.

Hello, I have a question regarding to the host name displaying in the email notification.

I should not get the Please submit any questions to: [user mail] in the email confirmation as shown in the picture . Is there any possibilities to change in the meeting setting under email notifications.
[/quote]

Hey @careerquo,

Are you using the API for this? If not please reach out to support.zoom.us, they will be able to better assist. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

yes we are using API to our project for backend, we are using creating users and meeting API’s, when I received this email notification it is displaying Please submit any questions to: [user email] , as we need requirement to not get Please submit any questions to: [user email] in the email . Can u please help us out to change any properties or settings regarding email notification.

Thanks.

Hi @careerquo,

Thanks for clarifying. While I believe that the host email address will appear in these email notifications be default, our Support Team will be best suited to confirm this for you, as well as assist with what adjustments you might be able to make to the email template. You can reach out to them directly here.

Thanks,
Will

thank u so much for the clarification… :slightly_smiling_face:

I have an another question regarding to the limit for large meetings … I am thinking of buying 1 license for all customers to share if any has a large meeting up to 1000…can we use the same zoom link that has been already scheduled by the host with limit 300 members to join after we taken this large meeting Enterprise+ plan for 1000 members? Large meeting we are not sure that the same session link will apply the 1000 members limit once we give the access to all the users…please let me know

Thank you,
careerquo.

Hey @careerquo,

Would you please start a new thread for this question? That will make sure that we stay on topic. :smile:

Thanks,
Max