Meeting Participants all given the same name (Host's name)

I have an another question regarding to the limit for large meetings … I am thinking of buying 1 license for all customers to share if any has a large meeting up to 1000…can we use the same zoom link that has been already scheduled by the host with limit 300 members to join after we taken this large meeting Enterprise+ plan for 1000 members? Large meeting we are not sure that the same session link will apply the 1000 members limit once we give the access to all the users…please let me know

Thank you,
careerquo.

Hey @careerquo,

Please create a new topic here: #api-and-webhooks and we will be happy to help you. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

I added tommy please let me know the solution

Hey @careerquo,

We will answer on your new post. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

We set up a meeting and required registration. One of the presenters registered for the meeting and received her custom link for joining the meeting. She then posted that custom link to her website, and when anybody joined the meeting with her link, they were assigned her name. She needed to share the meeting link that she originally received from the host instead of sharing her personal link. We noticed that not everyone was assigned her name. It seems that the ones who used the host-created link showed up in the meeting with their own name. I hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing this, @arshavidyamedia ! I’m sure others will find it helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Yesterday was the second webinar in June where the same thing happened to us. 90% of all webinars attendees had the same name as the first person to join the webinar. 58 attendees in total. Any suggestion to prevent this from happening again?

Hey @redsgogreen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please reach out to our Support Team with the meeting ID and an example of a participant where this happened.

We’ll investigate further from there.

Thanks,
Max