Meeting SDK and Zoom App questions

I was curious and confused about how is the best route to obtain access to the Meeting SDK following recent changes of the removal of the legacy SDK option.

for context, my “app” or use case for the SDK is relatively simple. In the past we setup a server-to-server oauth app and a legacy Meeting SDK app. The Oauth used for calling the api to generate reports and schedule meetings through our (not zoom) reporting portal. The meeting SDK would then be used to allow joining and embeded zoom meetings within our clients websites.

Then, there was the recent change where we can no longer create a legacy Meeting SDK app, and instead need to make a generic app.

I can seem to use the new app fine so long as I just use the Development environment, but I of course need to submit if I want to use the production version.

The problem is it seems like half if not most of the requirements and features of submitting I don’t need at all? I am not interested in distributing it at all, so it seems like all the information about how it works (diagrams descriptions etc) are pointless and may only delay the submission process.

I literally just need what the legacy meeting SDK app provided. Does anyone know how to best go about doing this with the new General app?

I guess another way of phrasing the question is, suppose I made the basic Meeting-web-sample app they provide. Its a simple, just allows joining a meeting but on my sites of course. How would one make the general app and submit for this use case?

@jallen

I was curious and confused about how is the best route to obtain access to the Meeting SDK following recent changes of the removal of the legacy SDK option.

Use a General App, with Meeting SDK option turned on in Embed tab

for context, my “app” or use case for the SDK is relatively simple. In the past we setup a server-to-server oauth app and a legacy Meeting SDK app. The Oauth used for calling the api to generate reports and schedule meetings through our (not zoom) reporting portal. The meeting SDK would then be used to allow joining and embeded zoom meetings within our clients websites.

Use a S2S OAuth with General App instead.

Then, there was the recent change where we can no longer create a legacy Meeting SDK app, and instead need to make a generic app.

I can seem to use the new app fine so long as I just use the Development environment, but I of course need to submit if I want to use the production version.

The problem is it seems like half if not most of the requirements and features of submitting I don’t need at all? I am not interested in distributing it at all, so it seems like all the information about how it works (diagrams descriptions etc) are pointless and may only delay the submission process.

You do not need to publish your General App (Meeting SDK), if you are not going to join external meeting. Do make sure you are using only the development credentials.

I literally just need what the legacy meeting SDK app provided. Does anyone know how to best go about doing this with the new General app?

I guess another way of phrasing the question is, suppose I made the basic Meeting-web-sample app they provide. Its a simple, just allows joining a meeting but on my sites of course. How would one make the general app and submit for this use case?

Create a General App with Meeting SDK enabled in the Embed tab. You do not need to submit it, if you are not going to join external meetings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.