Meeting SDK Bot-Authentication failed because the Zoom SDK encountered an unknown error:5

Before Creating a New Topic:

If you’re experiencing unexpected Meeting SDK behavior please search the forum with relevant keywords (e.x. error message) and follow the guidance outlined in those posts. Please also leverage the following support links:

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

Meeting SDK Type and Version
Zoom Meeting SDK Headless Bot in Linux

Description
I am currently using the Zoom meeting SDK to record host’s video and audio, it worked perfectly fine, but all of sudden it has an authentication issue today i tried it.

Error?

Error is shown above, authentication failed because the Zoom SDK encountered an unknown error:5

Troubleshooting Routes

1. I checked and ensured the SDK keys, secrets, and meeting link that I implemented in config.ini are matched with Zoom Marketplace.
  2. Zoom Marketplace setting is unchanged and active
  3. I did not change the code since last time i successfully ran the bot.

@chunsiong.zoom Do you know what is going on?

Hey @chriswuyiming ,

It’s hard to say exactly what the issue is based on your description. One thing that might be helpful is to inspect the error you’re receiving and see if it has an internalErrorCode. This won’t have a meaning to you, but it could be useful to help a member of the Zoom team provide further guidance.

Given that your current code was working before, it’s also possible that there’s an issue with your app or account. It’s not clear why this would happen, but others have reported that creating a new SDK app and using those new credentials resolved this issue for them. I think this is at least worth a shot.

If you don’t want to deal with the complexities of creating your own meeting bots from scratch, another alternative is to use Recall.ai for your meeting bots instead. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!