Unable to run meeting-bot on Virtual Instance

Hi @chunsiong.zoom,
We are using the Meetings SDK for Linux to build a meeting bot. We used this sample code from Git for a starting point - GitHub - zoom/meetingsdk-headless-linux-sample: A demo on creating a headless meeting bot using the Zoom Meeting SDK for Linux and Docker

It runs perfectly fine in my local machine but when we try to run it on a Cloud Virtual Machine we are unable to join any meetings as it fails with this error

[100%] Built target zoomsdk
:white_check_mark: configure
:white_check_mark: initialize
:white_check_mark: authorize
:x: authentication failed because the Zoom SDK encountered an unknown error: 5

Do you know what could be causing this issue?
Would the Zoom Meetings SDK require some configurations to run on a Cloud Instance ?

We have connectivity to these URLs via proxy if the SDK requires to communicate with the Zoom servers - (https://zoom.us/) , (https://api.zoom.us/)

We did try setting up the proxy in our Bot code but it exits with error code 139
followed this thread to set up proxy - Proxy Settings in Meeting SDK for Linux - #2 by donte.zoom

@chunsiong.zoom - Can you please take a look when you get a chance. Thanks

Hey @irathod2012 ,

The 5 error code corresponds to SDK_MEMORY_FAILED according to the Linux SDK error codes reference.

This suggests there’s a memory related issue, which makes sense since it’s working locally for you but not in the cloud. How big is the VM that you’re running the bot on?

Another alternative is to use the Recall.ai API for your meeting bots instead. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video, send/receive chat messages, etc from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi , We are using docker containers for running this bot and we are not specifying any limits on the container level and when it comes to virtual machine we are having 4cpu and 64gb ram and we are not running any other application in this virtual machine so far , I dont think we have issue with the memory since my local it is 32GB RAM and 4 cpu and this bot is running fine along with many other applications