Meeting SDK Update Warning

Hi,

We would just like to clarify what the warning below means?

meeting_sdk_warning
meeting_sdk_warning_2

We have three apps (OAuth, JWT app, Meeting SDK). There is no warning in the JWT app although we are aware of the deprecation of this app type from https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/jwt-app/jwt-faq

Is the warning in the Meeting SDK related to the existence of the JWT app type? From our understanding, we still use the Meeting SDK JWT for initializing the SDK and proceeding with the “Update” will just add OAuth capabilities to the Meeting SDK app type. Does proceeding with the update regenerate the credentials (from SDK key/secret to OAuth client_id/secret) or original values will be kept?

Historically, the Meeting SDK internally used a JWT app type, which makes it part of the deprecation. The deprecation warning for JWT apps is on the Choose your app type page. I don’t have experience with the Meeting SDK, so hopefully someone can clarify that portion.

Thank you for the reply.

Historically, the Meeting SDK internally used a JWT app type , which makes it part of the deprecation.

Yes, we are using “JWT app” type for Web and “Meeting SDK” for Android/iOS.

The deprecation warning for JWT apps is on the Choose your app type page.

That’s correct. We only saw the deprecation on the Choose your app type page so it’s making us confused that the warning is on the Meeting SDK rather than the JWT app type.

Hi, @ryan6 ,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum – I am happy to help. The Meeting SDK Marketplace update adds OAuth functionality to an SDK App type. However, it is not required to use the OAuth functionality, and the existing SDK functionality will not break. It is my understanding proceeding with the update will not regenerate the SDK key/secret. To learn more, check out this doc for an explanation:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/sdk-app#update-app

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.