Meeting Security. Control who can enter a meeting

Hey guys. I’m working on a website that’s going to help us manage all our zoom calls (We do a lot of them).
I’m going to be creating most of the calls via API, but I can’t figure out how to keep unwanted users out of our zoom calls.

I can use the zoom client embedding start urls into buttons/links or the web client SDK.

Here’s all the issues I’ve ran into so far…
If I use an invite url, the invited people can share the link with unwanted guests.
If I add a password, the hashed password is included in the invite url.
If i use the web SDK and hide the sharing feature, the call is still started with an id and password that users can pull from the network tab and share with others to join the meeting.
If I use registration, after registering users can share the registration link with unwanted guests.
I could enforce login, but I’m not sure what that would do besides annoy our users XD.

To sum up, how do we prevent unwanted visitors in our zoom meetings/webinars?

Thanks!

Hey @Zacht, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

I would suggest using Registration, or the best solution is enforcing login.

Sounds like it would be better to have your users be annoyed rather than have unwanted people in the meeting.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for responding so quickly! :slight_smile:

Well, I don’t understand how using registration helps here. I tried doing a meeting with registration. After registering I got a link that I was able to share with somebody else and we were both able to join the meeting.

Also, what security benefit do I get from enforcing login?
Is there like, a way to create a list of emails of who’s allowed to join? I feel like I’m missing something.

We’ve been having problems with people sharing links, especially with larger meetings and webinars, which is why I’m trying to figure this out.

Thanks again!

Hey @Zacht,

That is essentially the meeting registration. Your app can handle this with code so the join_url is never exposed.

Or you can enforce login from specific email domains.

For additional questions unrelated to the Zoom API, please reach out to support.zoom.us.

Thanks,
Tommy