Meeting Setting meetingMoreHidden not hiding "More" meeting option

Description
We are setting [[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingSettings].meetingMoreHidden = YES however when users join a meeting it still shows the “More” option in the bottom meeting option bar. We were able to reproduce this issue on the sample app as well. In the sample we also code in [[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingSettings].meetingMoreHidden = YES as well as toggling the “Hide Meeting More” row in “Meeting Settings”. After doing both of these we can still see the “More” options in the sample app. Below I have attached a screen shot of the code, setting toggling, and resulting meeting view.

Which version?
v5.0.24433.0616

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):
Reproducible on many different devices running different OS

Hey @andy.ly

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Im sorry that is happening! The more button should be disappearing with the code you have provided.

Let me try to align my app with your app.

1. At what point in the meeting’s lifecycle are you calling [[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingSettings].meetingMoreHidden = YES?

2. Is this an instant meeting or a meeting that has been scheduled ahead of time?

3. Does this meeting have settings that are defined elsewhere? Does this happen for both the host and participants?

I made a quick test app that starts an instant meeting. Inside onMeetingStateChange in MobileRTCMeetingServiceDelegate I called:

MobileRTCMeetingSettings *ms = [[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingSettings];
if (ms)
ms. meetingMoreHidden = YES;

and did see the more button disappear.

However, I did reproduce this issue in the sample app, but turning off the customMeetingUI resolved it.

Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon

Thank you for the response. To answer your questions:

1. I was calling [[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingSettings].meetingMoreHidden = YES in the AppDelegate in the onMobileRTCAuthReturn delegate method. I also just tried calling it inside onMeetingStateChange and still experienced the same issue.

2. We are testing it with scheduled webinars. After doing some more testing on our app, we noticed that this issue only occurred with webinars. Regular meetings did in fact hide the more button.

3. For the meeting settings we were only setting it in onMobileRTCAuthReturn and no where else. After testing we notice that this issue only occurred for participants; host had their more button hidden.

Again we tried to call [[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingSettings].meetingMoreHidden = YES in onMeetingStateChange and had no luck. Please let us know if you have any other questions that would help figure out the issue. Thank you, look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hey @andy.ly

Oh no, that does not sound like proper functionality! Sorry that is happening. Would you be able to reproduce this issue one more time and provide an SDK log so that the team can investigate? The instructions for obtaining the logs are here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/sdk-initialization

Thank you!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon

I have generated the logs, but not sure how to attached them. What is the best way to send the logs to you and your team?

Best,
Andy Ly

Hey @andy.ly

Sorry about that! developersupport@zoom.us is our email and you can attach it there and send it to us.

Thank you!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon

I just sent an email to developersupport@zoom.us that contains the logs.

Thank you

Hey @andy.ly,

Awesome! Received it, I will forward it to the team, then get back to you with updates.

Thanks again!
Michael

Hey @andy.ly!

Hope all is well! We just released a new version of the SDK: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios.
I tested this in the sample app and it looks to be resolved, would you be able to test it in the sample app as well to double check?

If you would like to update your application with the latest version please follow the steps here as there are some changes that must be implemented in your application to support this version if you use broadcasting in the SDK. Zoom crshes/stops working after few mins in the call after the update to iOS 14 on iphone XR

Also, we have noticed some users have experienced a crash upon joining a meeting in the new version of the SDK. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have any questions
Michael

@andy.ly

In regards to the crash I mentioned earlier, The team has identified the issue and will have a fix in the next version. If you do experience the crash above, can you see if these steps stop the crash in your application? Zoom crshes/stops working after few mins in the call after the update to iOS 14 on iphone XR

If you are utilizing screensharing, you must also perform the following changes:

Please let me know if this works for you and if any other issues arise.
Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon I have tested the new sdk on the sample app as well as our app and looks like the issue was fixed. Thank you!

I was also experiencing the crash you mentioned but the workaround did prevent the crash like you mentioned.

1 Like

Hey @andy.ly

Awesome! Im so happy to hear!

Let us know if you have any other questions
Michael

Hey @andy.ly

I just wanted to let you know, we have resolved the crash in the latest version here: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/releases/tag/v5.2.41739.1022, which should make the workaround unnecessary.

Let me know if you run into any more issues.
Thanks!
Michael