Meeting status

Hi, api v1 allows to get Meeting status, how can i get this status with api v2?

GET[/meetings/{meetingId}](https://developer.zoom.us/playground/#/Meetings/meeting) Retrieve a meeting

Doesnt return status field.

Hi Sergey, 

Our V2 Meetings API does not have a status field. The closet we have is updating the statusbut that is only to end the meeting. 

Thanks

Previously i was able to get status and check if i can remove this meeting(if no one use it). Now i cant get either status nor participants, so the only way i’ve found - try to remove meeting and if it still in progress i’ll get 400 error. May be there is some different and more obvious way to check it?

1 Like

Facing the similar challenge, not able to detect whether a meeting is active or not. If no one is using the meeting and all participants have left , then I want to release the host_id or user account and make it available for another meeting.

Hey @vipin.kaushik,

Try using the meeting.started webhook and meeting.ended webhook to determine if a meeting is currently active or has ended.

Let me know if that helps. If not, please create a new forum topic and I’ll assist you from there.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM thanks a lot for your response. I will do a reading on webhook and will let update if in my case it works out. Just to mention, we want to configure a scheduler in our system, which would mark the meetings ended and release the user-account used for that meeting if all the participants have left the meeting. Doing this we can optimize user-accounts being created for concurrent meetings.

Hey @vipin.kaushik,

I’m glad that helped! Thank you for sharing detail on your use-case. Let me know if you run into any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM yes Max, i did some research and testing on zoom web hooks and I think it can serves the purpose. But can you please confirm one more thing, can I provide different Event Notifications End point URLs based on different environments like dev environment, testing environment and then for different regions?

Hey @vipin.kaushik,

Yes, you absolutely can. To use multiple endpoints, you can create a new event subscription:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Dear @MaxM Thanks a lot for being so active on my query. I had a discussion with my Seniors yesterday and figured out that we can create multiple Event Subscriptions for each and every environment with same configuration.
And to filter out the event notifications, we can create different Sub Accounts for different environments.
Just one last doubt that how we can get the Event Data on our Dev and QA URLs; because Dev and QA URLs can not be accessed publicly. But I hope your Support Team will be able to figure this out when I contact them through higher management and Tech Leads.
Thank You !

Hey @vipin.kaushik,

I’m glad to hear that was helpful! As you mentioned, your Webhook Endpoint URLs will need to be publicly accessible and secured with HTTPS. We don’t currently have a method that allows private webhook endpoint URLs.

If securing the endpoint is your concern, you can validate the events that the endpoint receives by checking the verification token in the header.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

2 Likes

Hey @MaxM , thanks a lot for being so helpful. I also got discussed with my seniors and now we gonna have a separate meeting with Zoom Support directly to have approval for Zoom Sub Accounts.
And for private or local endpoints URLs will see if tool like ngrok could help.
I am closing this as of now.
Thanks Again.

2 Likes

Thanks @vipin.kaushik ! :slight_smile:

Feel free to open a new topic if you need anything else!

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes