Meeting Template / Admin Meeting Template Questions

Hello,

In testing some of Zoom’s functionality, I wanted to confirm if the below was correct.

1. In reviewing the ‘Create a Meeting’ API documentation, you are able to reference a ‘template_id’ associated with an Admin Meeting Template. However, the ‘Update a Meeting’ API documentation references a ‘template_id’ associated with a Meeting Template.

To confirm, is the ‘template_id’ referenced on both pages only supported for an Admin Meeting Template? Or does the ‘Create a Meeting’ API only allow the reference of Admin Meeting Templates while the ‘Update a Meeting’ API allows the reference of a regular Meeting Template?

1. Are there any API calls that allow the reference of a regular Zoom Meeting Template to be selected when creating/updating a meeting?

2. Will Admin Meeting Templates ever support the inclusion of polls? We would like to use the API to create Zoom Sessions with a Meeting Template that has polls tied to it. However:

• It currently doesn’t appear that Zoom Meeting Templates can be queried by the API (depending on the answer to #1] above
  • Zoom Admin Meeting Templates (which can be queried by the API) don’t appear to allow polls to be tied to them

Hi @ryanE

Thanks for reaching out, I am happy to help here!
As for right now, when you pass the field ‘template_id’ in your request body when creating a meeting, it will only respect its value if you have the Admin Meeting Template feature enabled in your account.

When you List all the templates in your account and if you do not have the Admin meeting template enabled, you will find that your templates are type 1.

About polls, when you create an Admin Meeting Template, you will be able to enable a feature to Allow host to add polls before or during a meeting.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

Hi Eliza,

I do see the toggle feature/setting on a Zoom Admin Meeting Template allows me to indicate whether the host should be allowed to add polls before or during a meeting.

However, there doesn’t appear to be a way to link specific poll questions to the Zoom Admin Meeting Template (though I can do this with a regular Zoom Meeting Template). Below I have included a screenshot of this capability found on the regular Zoom Meeting Template.

Can you confirm if there’s a way for me to link specific poll questions to a Zoom Admin Meeting Template just like I can with a regular Zoom Meeting Template?

Thank you!

Hi @ryanE

Thanks for sharing more details with me.
I see what you mean. I was able to replicate the behavior you are seeing.
I can confirm that there is not a way to link specific poll questions to the Zoom Admin Meeting Templates.

Cheers,
Elisa

Thanks Elisa. Is there a way for us to submit this as an enhancement request?

Hi @ryanE
Yes! Feel free to submit it here:

:slight_smile: