Admin Meeting Template Creation Once Feature is Enabled

We are hoping to use templates via the api. We submitted a support ticket and had the “Admin Meeting Template” feature enabled on our account. However, I am not seeing any way via the admin or via the api to change the type of a template from 1 (meeting template) to 2 (admin meeting template). According to the documentation only an “admin meeting template” can be used with the api to create meetings. How do we change the template type or create a new “admin meeting template”?

Hi @sclark46
Thank you for reaching out to Developer Support, happy to help here!

Here is the link to our documentation that you can refer when you try to create a meeting with an admin meeting template

Basically when you create a meeting, you will have to pass the template_id as a string in order to be able to visualize it
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 11.36.22 AM

Hope this helps
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom,
Thank you for the response. The issue is not how to pass the template id in the create meeting call but how to change the type of the template from type 1 “meeting template” to type 2 “admin meeting template”. The documentation for using a template via the api says it must be type 2 “admin meeting template”. When I test creating a room via the api with the templates that we have created (which are type 1) it does not use the template when creating the room. What I do not see documented anywhere is how to change the template type from 1 to 2.
Thank you
Steven

Hi @elisa.zoom, we received information on how the Admin Meetings Templates work once the feature is enabled. A new setting appears in the Account Settings called “Meeting Templates”. Here you can create an “Admin Meeting Template” that is shared amongst users and has other differences from a regular meeting template.

Thanks again,
Steven

Hi @sclark46

Thank you for sharing!!! Happy to hear you got it to work.
Elisa