Meeting Title no longer used in MP4 recording file name after March 20 2021

Description & Error
We are currently using the Zoom API to schedule meetings and in turn retrieve links to allow users to download recordings of said meetings when they are complete. A user recently informed us that the ‘name’ of the downloaded MP4 file no longer has the concatenated Meeting Title (Topic) included within it and now just lists ‘Recording.’

Expected: “GMT20210131-215435_Sample-Tes_640x360.mp4”
What We’re Now Seeing: “GMT20210401-852830_Recording_640x360.mp4”

We have analyzed the timing and noticed that the change occurred likely on March 20, as files before that time DO have the title, and ones on the 21st and after, do NOT have the title and simply list ‘recording.’

The Meeting Topic is being properly passed to the Zoom API, as meetings are listed in the portal with their assigned names as provided to the API.

What changed to cause this issue?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
API

Hi @jjumper,

Thank you for reaching out about this.

I’m working with an internal resource to see if there have been any recent changes in the naming convention. I’ll follow up with you here shortly. (ZOOM-266191)

Thanks,
Will

Any update? This is still affecting our clients.

Hi @jjumper,

Thank you for following up on this, and my apologies for the delay here—I’ve just followed up with our Engineering team and hope to confirm this for you shortly.

Thanks, and I’ll be in touch,
Will

OK, we’re looking forward to your commentary / resolution.

Hi @jjumper,

I’ve confirmed with our team that as part of a recent enhancement, we removed the host name from the file path. Our sincere apologies that this wasn’t made clear in our change log. I’m working with our team to make sure this is documented, and that future changes of this nature will be included in upcoming announcements.

Thank you,
Will

Thanks for the info, but in fact, I was referring to the ‘Topic’ (meeting title) not being included in the recording name…not the Host name.

From my original post:

"A user recently informed us that the ‘name’ of the downloaded MP4 file no longer has the concatenated Meeting Title (Topic) included within it and now just lists ‘Recording.’

Expected: “GMT20210131-215435_Sample-Tes_640x360.mp4”
What We’re Now Seeing: “GMT20210401-852830_Recording_640x360.mp4”"

Thanks for clarifying.

Hey @jjumper,

Looking at the ticket, I can see that they were referring to the Meeting Topic. It looks like Host Name was the wording used by our team - I get how that would be confusing.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.