Meeting Updated webhook not firing

Hello,

I’ve got a simple webhook app that sends a webhook on Meeting created, updated and deleted events.

The created and deleted webhooks are working fine, the meeting updated webhook doesn’t seem to be triggering. I don’t see it in the webhook call logs either.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards
-Chris

Hey @cmayhall,

What meeting fields are you updating?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, thanks for the fast response. I am changing the topic and the start time and duration.

Hey @cmayhall,

That should be working. To confirm, are you sending back a 200 OK response when receiving a webhook? Also please double check you have the Update Meeting Webhook enabled on your webhook app.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, I’m interested if you were able to sort this out. I just posted a question based on seeing this same behavior. (Unfortunately I’m finding your post after I posted mine, or would have just added to this thread).

1 Like

Hi @ezraf I have not yet resolved this issue. Per @tommy suggestion I started looking into sending back a 200 OK response. This may sound silly but I didn’t realize I needed to manually send back a response. I just kind of assumed that sort of thing happened on its own. Whoops! The problem is that I am using a low code program (think workato, zapier, etc) and I’m struggling on how to send that status code. I will note the strange thing is that the Create Meeting and the Delete Meeting have not seemed to care about the status code. They are firing every time still. It’s just the update webhook that will not fire. Anyways that’s where I am at. Good Luck!

Hey @cmayhall,

Oh interesting, how are you updating the meeting when you expect the update webhook to expire?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @ezraf,

I will help you in your post:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy I am using the zoom application for windows for all three cases.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Hey @cmayhall ,

I was able to reproduce the issue. We are looking into it and will get back to you with an updated. (ZOOM-150138)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @cmayhall,

We are working to fix this in the coming months.

Stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy