MeetingActivity is deprecated, what is the replacement?

Hi,
I have developed a simple extension to MeetingActivity as explained here: https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060332651-How-to-Extend-the-MeetingActivity

This works, but I’m now seeing that MeetingActivity is deprecated when I build the app.

I’ve done some searching around but cannot find what replaces it. Is there an update to the above document, or how should I update my app?
Thanks!

I’m using Meeting SDK for Android, version: 5.13.5.11583

Hi @tomas.stubbs ,

Thanks for the post. MeetingActivity is now deprecated and you may use NewMeetingActivity instead(NewMeetingActivity (Zoom.us SDK API Document)).

Thanks!

Hi Carson, thanks so much for the very swift response!

I saw that class and wondered about it, I’ll give it try :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Is there some documentation on the use of NewMeetingActivity beyond the javadoc? Or some migration guide to using it?

I hoped for a straight replacement, but it doesn’t just plug in and work for me.
EDIT: Starting a meeting works fine (I found I needed to set hardware acceleration to true in the manifest, and with that it works)

But when I attempt to join another meeting, it just stays with the message “Preparing meeting” and never completes. By tapping the back button I can cancel the meeting, but that seems to be all I can do.

Thanks

Hi again,

I think I’ve narrowed the problem down. I do not supply a password when joining a meeting, I rely on Zoom’s functionality which previously would pop up a dialog asking for it.

But that is where it seems to hang. If I add the password in the join params, the meeting goes ahead. If it’s missing or incorrect, the join hangs as mentioned at “Preparing meeting”.

Any idea what I can do to fix this please?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.