Metrics without participants' updated names

Description
Greetings.
I am experiencing a problem while getting the participants list of a meeting. If the participants rename themselves in a breakout room, the new name only takes effect when people return to the main room. The list I am getting doesn’t have the current denomination this way. Is there any way to speed up this process without making the participants return to the main room and get back to the breakout rooms to get an updated list?
Thank you very much.
Have a great weekend.
Best regards

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/#{MEETING_ID}/participants

Hey @mbaltar ,

This is expected. Please see my post here:

If your issue is different, please provide screenshots and steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

Good afternoon, @tommy

Thank you so much for your answer. The thing is that I am not using the get past meeting participants. Instead, I am using the metrics to get the current ones, as I have mentioned above. I don’t want to change the participants’ names. Instead, I want to receive a list of the changes they made. I already can do it, but the list is only updated when they leave the breakout rooms and return to the main room (at the same meeting).

Thank you!

Hi @mbaltar,

Thanks for confirming. In terms of seeing the updated names, the same behavior would apply to this endpoint as well. However, you raise a good point, and I can certainly appreciate why it would be helpful to have the updated names reflected while participants were still in their breakout rooms, this would still be considered expected behavior.

If you haven’t yet, I would encourage you to submit a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

Thank you @will.zoom. I have just submitted the feature request.

Best regards,

@mbaltar

Thanks, @mbaltar ! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.