Is it possible to get participant name if they renamed in the middle of a meeting?

During a call, meeting participants are asked to change their name to company: name, if they haven’t done so already. However, using the API to get meeting participants (Get past meeting participants or Get meeting participant reports), we don’t see the new name, only the original name from when they joined the call.

When we look at the reports in the Zoom website report interface it does show the renamed names for the meeting.

Is there a way to either get the most recent name used in a meeting, or get all names a participant used in a meeting?

The problem, with larger calls (50+ participants), is verifying role call if we only see the pre-changed names of the participants.

1 Like

Hi @khronos
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
I believe this is the expected behavior, when updating the user name while the meeting is live, you won’t be able to get the updated name via API.
But allow me some time to do some troubleshooting on my end and I will come back to you soon
Best,
Elisa

Thank you Elisa. If you can verify, this would be appreciated. We are still hopeful there is a solution or work around.

@Elisa, any confirmation if this is indeed expected behaviour?

Did you ever find a way to get the participant data with the most recent name used using the API?

We have a similar problem. A user joins with ‘iPhone’ as their name. They change it at some point, but we find a way to access that name via the API.

At the time I last checked, there was no way to get the most recent name. We now ask participants to try and remember to change their name before logging in. I haven’t looked since last fall, perhaps it has changed?

It has been asked at this forum since 2020. It should be simple to have the columns “name” and “original name” at the /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants API call.

1 Like

Hi @eventos1
Thanks for reaching out to us!
This is still the expected behavior. Please feel free to make a feature request here for this:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.