Query related to List meeting participants API

Description
I am creating a attendance system using zoom APIs and Webhooks. But there is confusion releted to one of the APIs namely List meeting participants, the scenario that I am facing is we need to capture a student’s joining and leave times but some students don’t login using their own accout or joins the meeting under different name. So, my query is if I use the List meeting participants API from dashboard APIs will it capture the data where user_name was renamed during a meeting? Like will it give me the data under the original name or the renamed name?

App Type:
JWT Application

Endpoint:
/metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants

Hey @Jainam_Shah_spurtree,

When a user renames themselves, or joins under a different name, you will see two separate entries for the user.

If you want to avoid this, I recommend enabling registration for the meeting and providing participants with unique join_urls

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM I tried the API and no if I or the participant renamed themselves that renamed name is not send by the zoom API only the original names comes in

Hi @Jainam_Shah_spurtree,

I’m afraid we don’t have a straight forward way to detect participant name changes via API. However, you may find this thread helpful for some alternative ideas:

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.