Mobile audio issues (safari & chrome)

Hey @ellis

Any errors on the console?

Did you allow microphone access when joining the meeting?

Thanks
Vic

Yes and yesā€¦ allowing access to the microphoneā€¦ ** in the Host control panelā€¦ and on my deviceā€¦ see images aboveā€¦ **

sorry i cant access the console on my mobile deviceā€¦ as said it all works fine on desktopā€¦ any browser its working onā€¦

But when on Mobileā€¦ Chromeā€¦ is not playing wellā€¦ if you use the samsung browser it works ā€¦ without any issuesā€¦

Hey @ellis

We tested it on our devices many times, but cannot reproduce the issue.

Could you share the return value of the following statement on the console of the browser?

JsMediaSDK_Instance.version

P.S.
Use chrome://inspect/ to remotely debug the page on the mobile.

Thanks
Vic

Thanks for your reply ~

I just tested other android & Iphone test phones with the supervisor, and found that they can be used normally, so I think it may be a hardware problem or the cache problem you just mentioned.

test mobile device:
Device: iPhone 13
Browser: Safari态Chrome

I am planning to reset the test phone to its factory settings and then try to see if it can function properly.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedbackā€¦ mmmmā€¦ what ill do is clear the cache again, and then also make sure chrome is updated on all devicesā€¦ ā€¦ but still interesting why its so intermitted ā€¦ :slight_smile: ā€¦ and make sure ill redo the sdk againā€¦

Okā€¦ still no luckā€¦ redid the complete sdk from here.

But still on my samsung chromeā€¦ cache clearedā€¦ and allowing everythingā€¦ i still get thisā€¦

and then via the console tool.

@williamhsu88157976 and @vic.yang

but on my computer browser its workingā€¦ and seems its ok.

ok dont know if this will helpā€¦ to ā€œmake it workā€

1. When i open the pageā€¦ It say Join Audio by Computer
  2. But then if you joinā€¦ it says the browser is preventing access.
  3. Then I click on the Leave computer audioā€¦
  4. Once this is doneā€¦ another pop up comes up
  5. Join Audio by Computer
  6. Then it worksā€¦

so it seems like it selects the computer audio by defaultā€¦ and then you have to disable itā€¦ and then re-join the audio for it to workā€¦ strangeā€¦

Hey @ellis @williamhsu88157976

Have you ever disabled access to the microphone on the video preview page? If so, when entering the meeting, the microphone is still blocked.

To reset the permission, refer to this guide. Use your camera & microphone - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Thanks
Vic

No, my test phone will ask me whether to allow the use of the microphone before entering the meeting, I click to allow, and the camera is the same.

the situation i encountered :

1. First of all, after entering the meeting, ā€œJoin Audio by Computerā€ will pop up first
  2. But after I clicked, there was no ā€œthe browser is preventing access.ā€ ,
  3. At this time, the microphone is normally turned on.
    But I canā€™t hear other peopleā€™s voices, and the device canā€™t receive my own voice.
  4. In the end, the zoom may be unable to receive the soundļ¼Œso itā€™s popping up again ā€œJoin Audio by Computerā€ .
  5. At this time, the device will automatically help me click to joinļ¼ŒThe process 4 and 5 keeps going iteratively.

This same behavior occurs with some of our users as well and we donā€™t know how to get around it, the scenario is the same as you described.

After we updated to version 2.12.2 (we used 2.6.0 before) this issue occurs several times and it occurs more frequently when there are more users in the room. I have also noticed that users with older devices are reporting the issue.

I also have an older test device here, maybe from around 6 or 7 years ago, such as iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung S8, and Samsung M11. Yesterday, when testing on the newer iPhone 13 Pro, the functionality worked fine.

However, I have also tried version 2.7.0 on the Samsung M11 and the audio function worked properly, but it still didnā€™t work on iOS. Although Iā€™m not sure of the exact reason."

Does Zoom have minimum hardware requirements ?

@williamhsu88157976 @vic.yang @alisson @tommy

It feels like we the only 3 people in the world that is using the web sdkā€¦ hahahaā€¦ because we the only oneā€™s picking this upā€¦

I have updated my software on my phoneā€¦ i have the latest chrome. Its a samsung A21.
But it still seems ver 2.12.2 clashes with the permissions with chrome somewhere.

Just to be clear again.
Donā€™t know if its just ā€œAndroidā€ phones, as i donā€™t have apple.

1. Works on Samsung Brower but not Chrome - This is for mobile browserā€™s not desktop or apps ā€¦apkā€™s.
  2. Its the ā€œAttendeeā€ that cant ā€œhearā€ the host
  3. Even if you click Join Audio by Computer it does not
  4. Version 2.6.0 worked fine
  5. Its almost like the audio permissions are getting setā€¦ then revokedā€¦ then you have to set it againā€¦ and revoke itā€¦ and then set it again to workā€¦

I have posted images again if this might help.

Hereā€™s an update on my observations today:

test mobile device :
Device: IPhone 14
Browser: Safari

The error keeps appearing :

webSocket connection to 'wss://ngxsc.sc.zoom.us/ab/signal?.........'  :failed : The operation couldn't be completed Socket is not connected

Hi! any position @tommy on the issue we are reporting here? I had to downgrade the version to 2.6.0 where the audio doesnā€™t fail to connect and disconnect intermittently, I also noticed that the 2.12.2 version of the web sdk requires more hardware, which makes mobile devices suffer more and show crashes, errors . I urgently need a fix for the problem in v. 2.12.2, in v.2.6.0 iOS with updated safari does not display video when the screen is shared, this is causing a huge inconvenience, we cannot let these users use the zoom app, as our teaching platform requires its use 100 % in the website.

I have made some tested meeting SDK (client view) with

• iPhone SE (first generation) with iOS 15.7.6 (18 May 2023)
  • the example from github
  • without vconsole.min.js (it needs a lot of computing power)
  • SharedArrayBuffer not active (in this test enviroment I have no server backend )
  • tested with iOS Safari

SDK versions

• 2.9.7*
  • 2.10.1*
  • 2.11.0*
  • 2.11.5*
  • 2.12.0*
  • 2.12.2*
  • 2.13.0*

(* all versions from 2.9.7 and higher: rejoin and crash (after some rejoin)

• if the computing power is not sufficient
  • e.g click on camera on/off several times
  • or change from landscape mode to portrait mode and back (multiple times)

@zoom1234: is there any minimal hardware requirements for mobile?

@vic.yang
Hereā€™s an update on my observations today:

Turn on the hotspot on your mobile phone today, let the test mobile phone use wifi connection, and find that the audio function can be used normally.
So it should be our companyā€™s wifi connection problem, which caused the audio function to fail to connect.

Hey @williamhsu88157976

Thanks for sharing the information.

To make the audio work, the browser needs to connect to our media servers, as the errors show in the above comments, the mobile device was unable to connect to the server.

We will also investigate the cause of the issue.

Thanks
Vic

@vic.yang @williamhsu88157976
one observation that i have tested this weekendā€¦

It is for sure a permission thingā€¦
But i cant tell you if its the SDK or the workings of Chrome itself as you guys are the ā€œsmartā€ ones.

BUT ā€¦ when you say JOIN with Audioā€¦ its like its NOT setting the permission correctlyā€¦

IF i go to my APP settingsā€¦ (*not in the browserā€¦) on my phoneā€¦
And set this as ASK EVERY TIMEā€¦ i would expect it to askā€¦ Join with Audio and when you click it set the permissions correctlyā€¦

So the NEXT step wasā€¦ I set it to ā€œAllow only when using this appā€
and then it workedā€¦ yes yes sounds strangeā€¦

But what should happen in my mindā€¦ if its set even in the phones app settings as ASK EVERY TIMEā€¦ the SDKs browser permissions should then set the App permission as well??

BY default its set to thisā€¦

So the only way i can force it to work is if I say Allow only using this appā€¦

Hi, do we have any news on the issue check? We keep fighting. We have already changed all kinds of permissions in the browser, nothing changes the behavior.

Hey @alisson

Have you tried our latest version of MeetingSDK Web? Itā€™s 2.13.0.

And we updated the configuration on Media Server, it may fix the network-related issues.

Thanks
Vic