Meeting SDK Web No Sound on mobile(iPhone, Android, )

Description
No sound output on mobile(iPhone, Android).

Error:

NotAllowedError
The request is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possibly because the user denied permission.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

• v2.8.0
  • v2.9.0
  • maybe an older version…

Meeting SDK Code Snippets

like above sample.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPhone
  • Browser: Safari, Chrome(Maybe other browsers too.)

@ss-ktd ,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. Happy to help here ! As a first step, can you describe the exact steps to reproduce? If we can reproduce the issue on the first try, the odds of a fix are much better. If possible, include a code snippet (or better yet, point to a GitHub project which can be used to reproduce the bug). Screenshots are also helpful to show what you are observing. Also, please describe what you expected to happen, and what you instead observed.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

@donte.zoom
thanks for your reply.

As I wrote, when I deploy this sample as it is and join the webinar on iPhone (Safari, Chrome), no sound is output. please try it.

what happens if you test mobil with a normal meeting, not a webinar

@j.schoenemeyer
thanks for your reply.

For normal meetings, the audio was output on mobile!
Why is there sound no output on webinar…?

now check, if it’s a problem of the web SDK or a general problem of iOS web browsers

next test: “webinar on zoom.us

• create a webinar
  • convert the invite link to a direct link zoom-invite
  • now click the direct link on mobile
  • you are now on the ‘normal’ - not SDK version - of zoom web client

@j.schoenemeyer
thanks for the advice.

I created a webinar, and when I joined from the direct link on my iPhone (Safari), the audio was output.
So I think it’s most likely an SDK bug…

1 Like

Same problem. There is no sound on webinars on mobile browsers.

Tested on 2.8 & 2.9 web sdk.

1 Like

Hi Donte,

May you please check this bug when you’re available?

1 Like

@hasanali and @ss-ktd

Thanks for the tag! It looks like you gave me enough information to reproduce on my end. I will look into this and provide an update on my findings. More soon.

2 Likes

@ss-ktd @hasanali ,

When say there is no audio output, are you able to Join the Audio but do not hear anything? Or is it that you can not Join the audio at all? Can you share a screenshot or screen recording of what you are seeing?

Also, for Safari it looks like your site needs to use credentialless headers or is not cross-origin isolated [ZOOM-460799]. Can you share how you’ve provisioned your site?

Web SDK Browser support

Also, for Safari it looks like your site needs to use credentialless headers or is not cross-origin isolated.

this is for MacOS Safari, not for iOS/iPadOS Safari

the problem here is a bit different

• iOS Safari and all other iOS Browser have normal input sound for Meetings
  • iOS Safari and all other iOS Browser have NO input sound for Webinars
    on the same web SDK configuration

perhaps a problem with autoplay audio?

1 Like

Hi Donte,

Thank you for your reply.

We can not click “Join Audio by computer” button ( 2.8 & 2.9 versions), this button comes disabled. Not clickable. Probably that’s why we can not hear. We tested this on Chrome&Android. Same thing happens on IOS&Safari.

On 2.4.5 Web SDK version there is no problem on Chrome. Button can be clickable and we can hear. That’s why we downgraded the version.

1 Like

Hi Jürgen,

Does it work on Chrome? Can you click the “Join Audio by Computer” button? We can not even click join audio by computer button on 2.8 and 2.9 version on webinars. It works on older versions like 2.4.5 ( for Chrome).

Hi Hasan,

thanks.

We can not click “Join Audio by computer” button ( 2.8 & 2.9 versions)

me too.

1 Like

background info

meens “activate the input audio”, so if you cannot click the button or the autoclick of the button don’t work you have no input audio

Hi All
I have the same problem.
“We can not click “Join Audio by computer” button ( 2.8 & 2.9 versions)”
it working with 2.7

2.95 also can not click “Join Audio by computer” button
i am using iphone

perhaps someone* could test the different versions of the SDK

current state of knowledge

• 2.4.5: input audio ok
  • 2.5: ???
  • 2.6: ???
  • 2.7: ???
  • 2.8: no input audio with mobile and Webinar, no problem with Meetings
  • 2.9: no input audio with mobile and Webinar, no problem with Meetings
  • 2.9.5: Update: no input audio with mobile and Webinar, no problem with Meetings (?)

*I cannot test the older versions - our zoom account has no webinar option

@easonng , @ss-ktd , @hasanali , and @j.schoenemeyer ,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue and providing details. I’ve reported this issue to our engineering team and opened a ticket with all the relevant information shared in this post [ZOOM-460799]. Our engineers are investigating this issue. I’ll keep you updated on what I learn. If you happen to have any more clarifications or additional details, please feel free to reply to this thread.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

1 Like