Mobile Safari blocks all clicks after an error when trying to create a new video client instance

Description: Mobile Safari blocks all clicks after an error when trying to create a new video client instance.

Web Framework: Angular 13.2.2

Reproducible Steps :

1. Connect SDK to framework via link
  2. Try to get a new client instance using

new VideoClient();

Current result: invoking of new instance cause an error, click event stops working

Screenshot

Expected result: new instance created without errors, all app works well as in other browsers/platforms

Device Information : iPhone 14 (iOS 16.4). Seems like this problem reproduces for all mobile devices with Safari.

Welcome and greetings, @tsikhan.koktysh!

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. It appears that you have encountered an issue with an older version of the Web SDK. Could you please try using the latest version of the SDK and let us know if the problem persists? Each release includes numerous bug fixes, so testing with the updated version will help determine if this behavior has already been addressed.

Please see our change log for the latest update and changes :

Hi @donte.zoom !

Thank you for fast replay.

I have already updated the SDK version to the latest version 2.16.0, but it seems that the problem is not with the Zoom Meeting SDK. In our application we are using both Zoom SDK and Contact Center SDK and as I described earlier the problem is with video-client.js (you can find the exact point and error in the screenshot) and after updating the Zoom Meeting SDK it still present.

Thank you for your response. I have reviewed the screenshot provided, but it does not contain enough information to diagnose the issue. I have a few follow-up questions:

1. Can you share a screenshot of all the logs? This will help me understand the complete context.

2. Does this issue occur when you run the app separately, or is it specific to integration?

3. At what point does Safari block all mobile clicks? Is this issue specific to Safari?

4. How have you tested this behavior on different browsers?

5. Which button is clicked to trigger this behavior?

Please provide the additional information so that I can assist you further.

Here are the answers from my side:

1. Can you share a screenshot of all the logs? This will help me understand the complete context.

Here’s a link

2. Does this issue occur when you run the app separately, or is it specific to integration?

Issue occurs when I run app separately

3. At what point does Safari block all mobile clicks? Is this issue specific to Safari?

It blocked when I visit a page with several “Contact Centers” on the moment when app trying to get new instance of video client by executing new VideoClient({});. When I commit this string, error disappears and click events start working. Issue specific for iOS and can be reproduced also in Chrome.

4. How have you tested this behavior on different browsers?

Just install another browsers (Firefox, Chrome) and try to open necessary app page.

5. Which button is clicked to trigger this behavior?

Link to another page is clicked

We’re having the same issue. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Up! This problem is blocking our migration to Zoom Contact Center. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Can anyone help with this issue? It’s really urgent. Thanks!

@tsikhan.koktysh,

I see that you have a support ticket regarding this matter. It appears that the root cause may be related to how the website elements were modified on the page with multiple “Contact Centers”. Is the same behavior occurring when the website elements are not modified? Also, what happens if you visit a page with only one contact center, does the same behavior occur? I am looking to better understand at what point same the page and what edge cases have you tested and explored.

Also, could you please elaborate on what you mean by “the SDK connect to framework”? Specifically, which framework are you referring to when connecting the SDK?

@victor.softeq ,
We understand that this matter is urgent and are currently working to gain a better understanding of how to proceed. Your use case is unique, which requires us to comprehend the user experience you are aiming to achieve and how you are implementing the Video SDK. Please know our engineering team has been collaborating with support to assess and offer guidance. We appreciate your feedback and patience on this matter.

Hi, @donte.zoom .
Sorry for delay with answers.

Sorry, I’m not sure I understood you correctly in this case. We have a page with list of “Contact centers”. Basically it’s a grid with buttons to join and additional text information about each room. We get this list from BE, so when the user comes to this page, it is empty and all the data appears a little later.

Yes, it doesn’t matter how many centers are displayed.

Here it is:

Hi @donte.zoom,
Please, let me know if you need anything else to debug the issue.

@victor.softeq and @tsikhan.koktysh ,

Can you share an example repo that reproduces the behavior you are experiencing?

Hi @donte.zoom,
We certainly can, but we need some time to prepare a new project for you. Should I share a link via private message?
Thanks!

Awesome, @victor.softeq ! I will message you privately to start the thread. When you are ready, please share the repo there.

The issue is resolved by removing a block of code on our end that was causing the problem. Thank you all for your help!

Wonderful news, @victor.softeq! Can you share a description and code snippet of the solution on the forum? It would greatly benefit the community!

The issue was related to an outdated block of code on our side that was breaking the page. The challenge was to find that block of code.

1 Like

Thank you @victor.softeq ! Your contribution are appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.