Multi-Streaming in Fully Customizable Web-SDK & Product Roadmap

Hello,
I’m very excited to continue exploring the Fully Customizable Web-SDK, however, I’ve been disappointed with some of the limitations on the Web-specific version vs iOS / Android.

Specifically, I’m wondering there is any clarity in timeline for Multi-streaming within the WebSDK. I have multi projects needing this function. We initially moved forward with Zoom thinking this was already rolled out, however, we’re having to re-investigate other options (TokBox / Twilio) to build custom workarounds.

I would rather us wait and move forward with Zoom but without any clarity on timeframe, it’s hard to convince clients to wait. Do you have any clarity on when this feature would be available for the FC Web-SDK and is there a more detailed dev roadmap available other than the SDK updates list?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @DavidSpeer ,

It is not available just yet, but we now support Gallery View for the Client Web SDK, which was the first step of this process.

I will keep you updated on the timeline for Multi-Streaming for the Fully Customizable SDK. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @DavidSpeer ,

Good news for you, the Fully Customizable SDK does support multi streaming as of version 1.0.2 :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy and thanks for the update below. Is Gallery View for the WebSDK only supported in Chrome? We are using the latest version for the WebSDK and there are no view options showing in Firefox or Safari at the moment.

1 Like

Hey @DavidSpeer ,

Yes, Gallery view is only supported in Chrome at the moment.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.