Mute Zoom's Microphone from external app

I want to implement a following feature in external desktop application: When sound starts in it Zoom Client should mute it’s microphone.

I understand that there is no way to do such a thing from external application but there is a way to do it from zoom’s marketplace app, which I can connect from my external application.

What I can’t figure out is what is a simplest way to do it? What type of app I should use out of all the various option? Is it at all possible?

Any help would be apreciated.

Hello,

Thank you for your message, for this type of App you could go with 3 different options, SDK OAuth App or User Level OAuth App or a Zoom App either of the 3 have access to the scopes needed to complete a feature like this.

Regards, Kwaku

What is the difference between OAuth App and User Level OAuth App?

Hello,

Over here: https://developers.zoom.us/docs/ it explains everything about each app type. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards, Kwaku

Can you direct me to some sort of guide or tutorial about how to actualy write an app and use the API? I only found examples of how to register it in store and some sample apps that actually do nothing. Where can I find the example of the app that actually uses appsdk?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.