NDI Support

I emailed a sales representative, he told me they’re working on NDI on a beta version. BUT(big but here) he told me they’ll require a CORPORATIVE(199 us dolars, minimum 10 licenses) plan to use ndi, sadly I’ll probably cancel my pro subscription if that’s the case.

2 Likes

If it’s the case, i will cancel my subscribtion too, and will def. Go with skype… 200$ /month for only one feature. Its abusive. I would spend 50$/month top

2 Likes

Is that level of subscription just for the beta or when it goes live? If so, I’ll also cancel as even with all its foibles, Skype will do.

Same. Microsoft Teams has NDI in Beta. That’s going to be included in the standard $12.50/month plan that includes Office and Email. Why bother paying for Zoom at that point?

2 Likes

That’s the off-the-shelf price. You can do better with volume. Actually, if you don’t need the office apps, only email, then you can get it for $5.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compare-all-microsoft-365-products?&activetab=tab:primaryr2

1 Like

If you use OBS.Ninja (https://obs.ninja/), you can send your Zoom guests invite links and pull them into Vmix, OBS, or Manycam at super high video quality. It’s free. It’s not quite an NDI plugin, but I do have one in the works.

3 Likes

Yeah, OBSNinja is great, open source, no server required other than to serve the front-end. Unfortunately there’s a couple of technical reasons we can’t use it. That’s why we’re using Skype now, and were hoping Zoom would give us NDI (without the exorbitant cost)

Is there any updates?

1 Like

Can you link to zoom-19500 please - searching for it only retuens this post

1 Like

Same. Can’t understand why they’d not want to enable this free and compete with Skype. We’re about to ditch Zoom to enable multiple feeds to come into ManyCam via Skype - and then push the broadcast out to YouTube Live / Facebook Live for a big conference. So, won’t need to go near Zoom. The issue is getting people to use Skype again after it’s been in the shadows for so long compared with Zoom / Teams.

3 Likes

I can’t understand why I can’t have NDI support on my zoom. It’s ***** 2 years!

3 Likes

As much as I’d love to see NDI output as a feature, I don’t think getting angry will help this along! There’s a million reason it’s taking a while. For example:

1. It’s not trivial work
  2. Other features are considered more important (for example the recent 90 day programme)
  3. They have some kind of blocker (and may not be able to talk about it)

Also, NDI is being added to MS Teams - scheduled for release next month. I’ve seen it in action and it works great.

1 Like

NDI - any updates please.

1 Like

NDI out support yet? Having to rely on vmix/OBS for NDI is clunky

2 Likes

I just had to set up a bridge PC for a partner that can only do Skype, while our corporate vc partner is currently zoom.

It was Very Easy to get video from Skype to Zoom, because of NDI support.

It was Not Easy to have to ‘screen scrape’ the Zoom participant, use virtual audio cable drivers, a third party app (vMix) and so forth to get the zoom video and audio back over to Skype.

2 Likes

I’ll add my 2-cents, Yeah skype has NDI, but… audio comes in as a single ‘mixdown’, while all vid sources are independent. Hope if zoom does eventually enable NDI for us all, they will do it right, ie seperate vid+audio virtual feed for each participant.

4 Likes

Oh yes please to NDI for Zoom. It’d be a game-changer.

4 Likes

+1 For Native NDI input and Output … it really is becoming the industry standard for video over IP transport, and being software defined fits perfectly with Zoom

3 Likes

Yes. I concur with Brian. NDI with isolated video+audio feed per participant will be a positve gamechanger.

Right now, for every participant that we want to isolate, we will need a separate computer to pin them onto the secondary screen for us, in order for us to composite multiple users onto a final program out layout using a hardware video switcher like Barco E2 or a software video switcher Vmix.

4 Likes