NDI Support

Well MS Teams has now released their NDI implementation, and it works really well. Zoom is becoming less and less attractive as a proposition.

2 Likes

i just replied to you in another related question, asking how you can isolate participant video without NDI … and then i found this NDI SUPPORT feature request thread and your post…

so seems we have the same problem and we both think to NDI as the solution :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

+1 for NDI in Zoom ASAP

6 Likes

Yep…:wink::nerd_face: you are right man… problematic without naive ndi support.

However, another workaround currently is to use ndi scan converter.

2 Likes

We NEED native NDI support, how hard can this be?

3 Likes

can you please tell us more? as you noticed, this is a very common request, need to have an answer by zoom team…

thanks for all you’ve already done

2 Likes

Teams has NDI now, if Zoom doesn’t implement it will look into TEAMS, I was using Skype with NDI and switched to Zoom for its user interface but doing a remote show without NDI is a pain, if the connection is not stable the guests change position in the gallery view where we map them. A real pain! If NDI is not in the plan Zoom could have an option for broadcasters to have a fixed a layout in the gallery view, would help!

2 Likes

I’m another one waiting on NDI support.

2 Likes

/ping!

We can not let this thread be closed until we have the resource available!

Zoom, listen to their consumers.

4 Likes

Is here the line for NDI support in zoom?

3 Likes

please, let us know updates

thanks

2 Likes

i found this trello page of zoom developer roadmap. There’s no NDI support neither short, mid, or long term. :unamused: I’m very disappointed

2 Likes

To be fair to them, that’s a developer roadmap which means improving the experience for software developers using SDKs etc. NDI wouldn’t be on that list.

1 Like

is there another public roadmap?

1 Like
4 Likes

due to the remote work situation we also update our whole video conferencing setup. Currently zoom plays a main role for the individual hosts and a couple of zoom rooms. However given the upgrade we will move over to a full virtual production system based on stream software like vMix, ecamm live, OBS etc. to arrange the content and team appearance. And there NDI is a must this days. Give Skype, vmix, ecamm, and lately the $5 MS Teams all support NDI now we might need to say good bye to zoom if it is not adding NDI or can not present a roadmap for NDI In and Out.

4 Likes

/ping!

We can not let this thread be closed until we have the resource available!

Zoom, listen to their consumers. #ZOOMTOPIA

7 Likes

@tommy and all Zoom team… please consider this and the other related and similar thread about NDI. There is so many people asking this

Can you tell us something about? there’s a really need, and that’s so much time that you don’t say a word about this.

Thanks for all your continuing and valuable work, but just make us listen your voice about this must-feature.

5 Likes

I am one more hoping that Zoom will have NDI available.

3 Likes

same here! you nailed it!
Zoom would be perfect with NDI due to it’s user interface. But it’s a pain without NDI. in gallery view , with a few guests, one on top closes its camera and disaster! NDI would solve that!

2 Likes