NDI Support

We need NDI Output implemented ASAP, there is no excuse if you want to be the VCC tool of reference,

7 Likes

It would, at least, be nice to have some feedback on this matter from someone on Zoom.
We deserve to know if this is going to happen or not.
We are firm believers in Zoom and also power users.
Please give us some feedback.

5 Likes

No, it’s NDI output FROM zoom we want: being able to capture the remote presenter via NDI. For NDI TO zoom, viable workarounds exist.

5 Likes

Can we have it already makes lot of sense and need already exists.

3 Likes

Hi. This is still needed. Thank you

3 Likes

Lack of NDI support makes it unbearably hard to use Zoom with streaming software such as OBS. Guys please, hear us!

4 Likes

I’m just realizing how much I need this option.

What are your best workarounds? The best I can do is NDI Scan Converter grabbing the entire desktop and fullscreening the Zoom call. The Zoom call window doesn’t even show up as an option in Scan Converter (I’m using MacOS 10.14.6, Zoom 5.5.5, NDI Scan Converter 1.4). This way seems wildly inefficient. Any better suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

Another version released without NDI. Disappointing.

My work account (where i am the zoom administrator) is a corporate account, has support for large meetings (2 accounts with> 1000 participants), I have 10 zoom rooms, 20 zoom phones, 1 webinar account, everything that I said, it has a high cost for the company.

I see that we are abandoned by support and zoom developers without any real word on how much we will have this feature, or at least being able to access any real information about NDI video out support per participant, just as the Microsoft Team already does. .

I absolutely consider switching to Microsoft Teams.

6 Likes

NDI Output would be great yes. Waiting for it as well (UT Enschede).

2 Likes

Since this isn’t being addressed, now using Teams NDI. You record separate sources in the cloud (presenter, gallery etc), please work on getting this sent as separate NDI feeds. PLEASE.

1 Like

@tommy any updates? please let us know where this is at in development

4 Likes

I continue to migrate hundreds of dart players from Zoom to Skype, for absolutely no reason other than NDI support. We live stream and the a/v quality difference between an NDI implementation and screen capturing is indescribable. I hate Skype. They hate Skype. But that’s where we’re at.

2 Likes

Hola desde Argentina, NDI es necesario y URGENTE para quienes trabajamos con Playout haciendo streaming de eventos y campus virtuales, hagan algo de una vez, con todas las empresas que trabajo usan ZOOM Pro ($$$) dejan su dinero mes a mes y no veo soporte para este tema. NDI Ya! Si Skype lo tiene y es gratis porque no ustedes? cuentan con suficiente respaldo económico para hacerlo y no solo eso, al hacerlo verán un crecimiento en clientes futuros que al ver que esta NDI activo se sumaran a su servicio.

Hello from Argentina, NDI is necessary and URGENT for those of us who work with Playout streaming events and virtual campuses, do something at once, with all the companies I work with use ZOOM Pro ($$$) they leave their money month by month and not I see support for this topic. NDI Ya! If Skype has it and it’s free, why don’t you? They have enough financial backing to do it and not only that, by doing so they will see a growth in future customers who by seeing this active NDI join their service.

3 Likes

Hello from Brazil. Individual outputs of both video and audio from the zoom via NDI is urgent. We believe that Zoom is the best communication platform, but it is disappointing everyone in not making this technology available.

Zoom, why don’t you answer us? Why don’t you comment?

5 Likes

I am putting a proposal to migrate our 20-campus church from Zoom to Skype. It’s a mess to make this work without NDI for our use case, and Zoom’s blatant refusal to listen. Hit them where it hurts - move to another platform.

3 Likes

No answer. Typical of the Zoom support.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I worked the last couple of weeks on a solution. Its called “VideoCom - Zoom NDI® Bridge” and is build on the offical Zoom SDK. Its a Windows application and makes it very easy to get clean NDI feed of any Zoom particpant.

Just “pin” the user on the respective “Bridge”. Audio routing is currently not support. I recommended to use the native Zoom client for ingesting studio and particpant audio.

Its a one time purchase. VideoCom - Zoom NDI® Bridge

I am open for feedback. Best Andre

3 Likes

@andresavic, I’d throw money at you so fast! But unfortunately, I’m using MacOS.
I’ll keep an eye out for a Mac implementation. Great work!

1 Like

@mreiner Good news! A version for Intel based macs is now available. A version for M1 will follow asap.
Please keep in mind that the performance on older MacBooks is limited.

2 Likes

Hi folks, Liminal is about to release ZoomISO, a native NDI and Syphon output system for Zoom meetings that can export over eight 1080p ISO feeds of users in Zoom meetings and webinars from a single meeting join event if your meeting is 1080p capable (I actually have not yet found the limit!). It also contains the full ZoomOSC Pro core. We need help testing it before release, and the eyes of other Zoom SDK devs are always welcome, so if you want to try it out as we are in the final stages, shoot us an email at info@liminalet.com

6 Likes