NDI Support

+1 to this. It would be a game changer for us.

3 Likes

ping!

We can not let this thread be closed until we have the resource available!

Zoom, listen to their consumers.

3 Likes

Totally agree. Now it is no longer acceptable that they do not include this very important function and that still remain totally silent

They are purposely making the choice to ignore this requests and don’t implement it… we should all seriously abandon Zoom for this serious lack.

4 Likes

Thanks, i tried this method just few minute ago, but i noticed that this is not possible via Skype classic, but only Skype for business (so is not for all).

Anyway, we I think we are all asking for NDI INPUT support… not only the OUTPUT. In other words, EVERY single participant should be treated as an NDI source (as Skype do).
In this way, for i.e. in OBS studio, you can use video source of every single participants, putting them in a personalised output monitor

5 Likes

Perfectly!!! :+1:t2: Totally agree!

6 Likes

just another tech guy, using barco’s s3 and tricaster. please make zoom an ndi feature output, if you want making events with it.
thanks

4 Likes

Me parece una falta de respeto al no responder por algo que esperamos por meses. @tommy

3 Likes

maybe we all have to start to tag @tommy and others from zoom stuff (if you know) massively???

5 Likes

@tommy falleció de regreso a su planeta tal como lo hizo Pocchie en aquel episodio de los Simpsons

2 Likes

Hi, I Don’t care how it’s done. I would like a feature to get a specific caller from zoom video to stream via OBS, while also using the same zoom account to present that OBS presentation on a zoom call as the call owner.

A Writeup would also be nice. I Don’t care if it’s NDI, although OBS does support this. For now I guess a workaround is to get a computer compatible with a USB-C → HDMI input, then use another computer to run a separate zoom account with pinned video on the person fullscreen; HDMI out to the usb-c HDMI input adaptor. This works but is a lot of hoops so software devs can bypass and also introduces further latency.

6 Likes

Hello @tommy, it has been a while since your last response and the end of the 90-Day Security Plan. Can we have an update on the feature request, please?

5 Likes

Hey @tommy , this is one of the most viewed topics. What is the status… Or is everyone working on more mustache and eyebrow overlays?

8 Likes

I’m dying for NDI outputs, In the Pro AV world having a clients that want to use Zoom is painful, The amount of equipment need to rebroadcast an 8 person panel is insane, where 1 pc with NDI could save hours of work.

9 Likes

+1 for this feature request. @tommy

6 Likes

Really? Have you just forgotten about this? This is so needed.

5 Likes

Hi
Just one more vote to ask for this feature, Skype style :slight_smile:
I’m using Skype for NDI connection on OBS, but I would like to implement Zoom instead.
Thanks.

7 Likes

+1 for this feature request

5 Likes

As far as I have seen, Zoom is a communication platform and there is a high need for companies and third parties to take the participants AV signal for a more professional treatment. I am using Zoom Meetings/Webminar for most of our corporate trainings, and we just started to use OBS and other software to work with audio and video in a more creative way. Not having NDI nor other bridge technologies integrated is not allowing us to use zoom in a professional way … I am considering having some of the attendees/panellists over a different channel to be able to mix/deal with them. PLEASE PLEASE, Skype and Teams have strongly considered NDI, Zoom is NOT properly doing that.

10 Likes

Guys, to significantly increase traffic for this topic, consider liking all other posts. If each of us does it, the overall likes that will be left will be gigantic. #guerrillaLIKEting

12 Likes

I used up all my Likes for the day on this thread. Bumping it to the top as well. Teams is going to completely own the Broadcast space if Zoom continues to sleep on this feature.

9 Likes