NewTek NDI Input & Output

Thanks for sharing, but most users on this thread are looking for complete built-in NDI Output support, hopefully with isolated views of each participant. For example, a four-user call would have four NDI feeds available, one for each participant (and an extra with the gallery would be excellent). Skype already supports NDI Output natively and we’re looking for a similar feature from Zoom.

7 Likes

Another version released without NDI. Disappointing.

My work account (where i am the zoom administrator) is a corporate account, has support for large meetings (2 accounts with> 1000 participants), I have 10 zoom rooms, 20 zoom phones, 1 webinar account, everything that I said, it has a high cost for the company.

I see that we are abandoned by support and zoom developers without any real word on how much we will have this feature, or at least being able to access any real information about NDI video out support per participant, just as the Microsoft Team already does. .

I absolutely consider switching to Microsoft Teams.

6 Likes

Does anyone know if this has been released or what the status on it is? I saw there was mention by a staff member of a ticket being created for it on the backlog in May 2020, but I can’t find anything in the app yet, so I am assuming that it hasn’t been released yet.

4 Likes

Are we (paid users wanting native NDI in ZOOM) too few for ZOOM to care?
Is it too hard to implement?
Isn’t NewTek interested in helping ZOOM to implement NDI?
Isn’t that a marketing advantage? Why did MS implement that in TEAMS after Skype if that was not important???
Good questions?

3 Likes

I understand that there may be development implications for Zoom integrating NDI Outputs for participants, but a little communication on Zooms part would go a long way.
It’s hard for us to plan our future roadmap as an events organisers when we can’t even get a glimpse of the Zoom Horizon. Currently our only solution is multiple Zoom Pin machines, but this is Energy and Bandwidth Hungry and not particularly responsible from an environmental point of view.
Unified Communications platforms are intended to support remote working to reduce the Carbon Impact of events and business. Help us reduce our carbon impact by a few Kilowatts. Every Little Helps.
I don’t mind if there is a limitation to the number of outputs generated (9 individual, plus screen share, and active speaker would be nice).
One high performance machine doing this function alone is much more efficient than multiple lower powered machines.

2 Likes

No answer. Typical of the Zoom support.

• Toc toc.
  • Who’s there?
  • We are customers asking for NDI integration.
  • Zoom support: (silence)
2 Likes

Zoom se estĂĄ quedando atrĂĄs sin integraciĂłn de NDI.

1 Like

Microsoft Teams is completely kicking Zoom’s butt here. I use Teams and NDI daily. It’s an absolute dream in regard to simplicity and functionality.

Zoom, I am not sure what the holdup is. Any info you can provide would be welcome.

2 Likes

Hi guys, check this thread from same topic: NDI Support - #118 by andresavic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I have experience the same too, we would truly benefit if Zoom add native NDI capabilities to it platform

2 Likes

This is quite sad really. Look how far back this thread goes. I even saw a person from Zoom say this was on their to-do list after their 90 day plan. I need this function or I have to go elsewhere. V-mix or heaven forbid Skype. This shouldn’t be difficult. Even to create a layout of calls and keep the people in the positions I place them. Right now going from 3-4 people destroys the stream.

ZOOM! Hello! Do you see everyone needs this implementation. Can you update us?

3 Likes

Teams works well with NDI? No issues? I think I gotta jump.

2 Likes

Very Sad. It appears Zoom does want people to switch to Teams. As has been stated several times Microsoft Teams supports NDI output for each participant. Using Zoom without this option is not sustainable and VERY problematic. I prefer Zoom but such is life. This week will be testing Teams functionality.

3 Likes

I think Zoom don’t intergrade NDI output for some reason, mostly money.

1 Like

Liminal has added isolated NDI, Syphon, and SDI outputs to Zoom in ZoomISO:

More info: https://www.liminalet.com/zoomiso

Big thanks to the Zoom developer community for helping us get this accomplished!

6 Likes

Making my order today. :slight_smile: Thanks for your hard work.

2 Likes

Hi Andy! Not supported for Windows? I have an event for a nonprofit in October, and I’m very upset about this Zoom/NDI issue. Thank you!

1 Like

This app is not available yet on Windows, we are working on it

5 Likes

I am glad to read that finally someone takes advantage of this serious lack of Zoom!!! They deliberately ignored until now

Thank you very very very much for this work, I am looking forward to it for Windows too (any expected launch date?)

Hi, is there an app for trickster to control remotely, there was before, but they deleted it so I there and alternative?