NDI Support

hi connectedeventgroup,

trying again, think is not working for me because zr remote controller doesn’t have options to mdi output, only works on physical controller.

upd: zoom could have reported that the ndi output does not work via Remote Controller.

now worked fine with 3 ndi outputs with audio.

Is Zoom Rooms pulling 720p/1080p feeds with NDI, even with the participants using 360p (settings + plans)?

If not, it’s a downgrade from VideoCom - Zoom Bridge for NDI® - that offers so much more, plus, it’s a lot cheaper than U$49 monthly, which it’s the cost for Zoom Room.

Now that we have clean iso feeds with Zoom through NDI, the next challenge is the quality, because “As our world comes together to slow the spread of COVID-19 and stays connected through Zoom globally, we are working to quickly scale our bandwidth during this unprecedented demand.”

For default, everyone is capped at 360p.

For 720p (HD) or 1080 (FullHD) you need to pay for a specific Zoom account, then praise the gods of Zoom Support, wait 3 work days, then set all the options in your app client and Zoom portal, hope that your hardware is able to HD or FullHD video (any potato can HD video, but Zoom…)

After all this hard work, you might not be on 720p or 1080p because you are not using fullscreen, using o/s like Mac, Linux, things like that. There’s a big list of specific conditions to ensure everything works for the entire call.

@rafbarros @gustavo.guedes are you guys from Brazil?

2 Likes

fala ai murilo, tudo bom? Let’s take the conversation to email? Maybe the zoom moderators do not like that we use another language if not English. rafael (dot) barros @ wildlifestudios (dot) com

Hi Murilo. I am from Brazil. According to the Zoom representative in Brazil, I was the first in Brazil to use Zoom’s NDI in production :metal:(if anyone else did, tell them how the experience was). On 07/01 I did a 1 hour live for 500 people using Zoom Room’s NDI in 720p. It worked really well and the quality was amazing. I set it to go up to 720p as I don’t need 1080p but I could. I didn’t need to be cutting screens for the OBS. A bad thing is the limit of only 3 NDI. In cases where you need more than 3 participants on the screen at the same time, you will have a problem. I want to test connecting 2 Zoom Room to see if I can get 6 NDI in the same event.

3 Likes

Olá Gustavo, conte-nos mais sobre isso. Fez testes com duas salas? As imagens e áudios você consegue capturar separadamente? Tenho um evento para uma ONG em outubro, e estou ansioso para uma solução em torno do Zoom/NDI. Obrigado!

@adesoares, NDI from Zoom Room can pull individual video and audio, but it’s limited to 3 sources.

If you need more than 3 cameras at the same time, I suggest you looking beyond Zoom right now.

Or you can try a third-party app, like VideoCom - Zoom Bridge for NDI® (Win, Linux and Mac) or ZoomISO (Mac)

1 Like

When is NDI going to be coming to meetings and webinars?

1 Like

I think this is already available with liminal which zoom acquired. Sadly, only for mac.