Need a little help on where to start

I’ve been reviewing the developer docs but with all the available options, I’ve only succeeding in confusing myself.

We have a web-based SaaS solution that is multi-tenant. The specific feature that I want to integrate with Zoom is our appointment scheduling.

If the customer schedules an appointment, it should create a meeting in Zoom which our app would then send to the scheduled person.

The business would have its own Zoom account and provide their Zoom credentials in our app. We will not have a Zoom account.

Is this possible with the API and where should I start looking? I’m thinking the Web SDK, but I’m not sure if we can set it up this way.

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Jaime

Yep, this is possible, but I’d recommend you purchasing your own Zoom pro licenses that you can use to schedule meetings for your customers.

Once you schedule a meeting using that account, you get both a “start_url” and a “join_url.”

You would send the start_url to the host, and the join_url to the participants.

If you would like to be even more conservative, you can only purchase a fixed number of pro licenses (e.g. 5), and recycle them for multiple meetings. This way, you’re limited to 5 concurrent meetings at a time (each with 300 participants).

Here’s how you’d start.

1. Store the Zoom user_ids in your database.
  2. Customer schedules an appointment in your app.
  3. You schedule a meeting with the zoom_user and the create meeting API.
  4. You get back meeting details, along with the “start_url” (for the host), and the “join_url” (for the participants).
  5. You have a scheduled task / cron job that runs before a meeting starts (hour before, or a few mins before, etc.), that updates the Zoom pro user account with your customer’s name (so it’s personalized).
  6. Your customer clicks the “start_url” to start the zoom meeting, and their participants join using the join_url.
  7. If you’d like to have all of this done on your web app, you can use the web SDK to render the meeting in the browser.
  8. After a meeting is done, you can listen to the meeting ended webhook event, and update the user details of the Zoom Pro User account accordingly.

You’d need to use the following API endpoints for this use case: updateUserSettings, createMeeting.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the detailed response!

With the pro license, which I will check into, does this mean our customers would not need to have or use their own Zoom meeting account?

@jfuhr yes. That’s exactly what it means. This means that your users can use your Zoom account with all the pro functionality without having an account of their own. This is especially useful if you want to couple it with the web SDK for full support.

Thanks so much for pointing them in the right direction, @hassan2! :100:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.