Need to delete my JWT app

I created my App on a localhost test site and now need to delete it, but cannot find a way to do it.

1 Like

Hi @josim62,

Welcome to the community.

There’s no way to delete a JWT app once it has been created, this is because there can only be one app per account, therefore you should just make changes to your existing app rather than trying to re-create it.

Is there a specific reason that you want to delete the JWT app?

Thanks,
Alex

Primary reason is that it was tempoarily created under the wrong Zoom account, the account has no relationship to the entity that will finally host the meetings. The creation was for test purposes only not knowing that it could not be deleted.

In this case I would recommend Deactivating your app and re-creating the app on the correct account. There’s no need to delete the app if you have deactivated it, since it will not be authorised to use Zoom APIs.

Hi Alex
I have already deactivated it but I was worried that because I used the real credentials ie. URL etc that these credentials would clash with any attempt to create a new app under a different account with the same credentials.
Just to be clear there is no way an app can be transferred to another account is there?
Brian

You should still be able to create another app using the same urls etc. There’s no way for an app to be transferred to another account, you need to re-create it on the correct user.

Thanks,
Alex

Thank you very much for the clarification.

1 Like

Glad @alexmayo could help you, @josim62! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.