Need to retrieve automated metrics on a monthly basis

Description
We’re looking at leveraging the API to retrieve monthly metrics. Other than the daily report and a couple of high level metrics, all of the other calls require specific parameters to run. For example ‘GET
/metrics/meetings/{meetingId}’ requires a specific meetingID specified. However we want to retrieve meeting details for ALL meetings on a weekly or monthly basis, not one specific meeting. Additionally many of the metrics require a date range to be specified, but we’d like it to run monthly and automatically retrieve the last months worth of data, without having to specify a date range every month. Is this possible? If so how would we go about this?

Hey @dparsons, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Your best bet is to use the GET metrics/meetings endpoint. This returns all the meetings in the past 6 months, one month at a time.

You can specify the date range programmatically by taking todays date and setting that as the to date, and setting the from date to a month from the to date.

Also, depending on what data you need, you could also utilize the Meeting Webhooks, which send data to your server in real time.

Let me know if that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, thanks for the response.

We did look at using GET metrics/meetings endpoint, but it still requires specifying a date range to pull the last months worth of data. I was hoping it would have a way to default the last month worth of data so this didn’t have to be specified.

Hey @dparsons,

The GET /metrics/meetings endpoint is your best bet.

May I ask how you are calling it? With code or a tool?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

We have been testing using Zoho Analytics to pull in the data.

Hey @dparsons,

There are a few ways you could accomplish this. You could setup your own server that your Zoho calls and in your code on your server you can programmatically update the date query params and then call the Zoom API.

This would take some development work. Do you have developers on your team?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

We had discussed setting up our own web service for this purpose, I was just hoping we could do it without that step.

Thanks for all of your assistance!

1 Like

Hey @dparsons, happy to help!

Yes, as of now, your own web service would be best for this!

Thanks,
Tommy