New lines not recognized by web SDK [or Zoom web client]

Description/Error
This issue is a difference in new line functionality between the Zoom native meeting clients and the web. In meetings in the native clients you can hit control + enter to add new lines in one chat message. These aren’t recognized on the web. They come across as if they never existed. An example:

How the following chat message with multiple new lines in a native clients comes across in the web client:

I have these todos:

1. Create draft comment
  2. Submit draft comment
  3. Turn on notifications

I have these todos:1. Create draft comment2. Submit draft comment3. Turn on notifications

Which version?
All versions including 1.8.6. As well as the official web client if that runs something different.

Device (please complete the following information):
Doesn’t make a difference.

Additional
If there’s any lower level mechanism to intercept chat messages or get them raw, I’d love to beta test that or be able to access that.

No new lines make a few features I’m trying to add on top of the web sdk really difficult.

Thanks,
– Saadh S.

Hey @chase_ats,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I tested this on the Web Client and saw that I was able to insert newlines by using Shift + Enter using Firefox on MacOS. Can you confirm if that works for you?

Thanks,
Max

Hey Max.

Whoops! Didn’t reply.

Yes that works from web instances to every one else. Zoom client apps to web instances doesn’t show new line though. It does what the example above does. Acts as if the new line never existed. No spacing.

Thanks

Hey @chase_ats,

Thank you for the update. I was able to reproduce this issue and have since reached out to our engineering team to see if we can push out a fix for this. I’ll be sure to keep you posted here. (CS-2998) (ZOOM-246899)

Thanks,
Max

Thanks so much. I know updates like this are probably far down the list. But fingers crossed this problem is something others care about too and simple to fix. I’ve enabled notifications better so I don’t miss a response in the future.

Thanks.

Hey @chase_ats,

I’m glad to hear that I was able to help! I’ll also keep you updated here as the issue progresses.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.