New Private Meeting SDK Creation - Redirect URL for OAuth

Hello -

We are utilizing the Meeting SDK to have our users join Zoom Webinars hosted by our company within our application. End users do not have Zoom accounts with our company as they are invited joiners.

Essentially if you were a user , you are invited to the webinar, go to our platform, login, and then click “Join” which takes you to a page with Zoom embedded to join the webinar.

We are creating a new Meeting SDK app not for publishing and are stuck at the Redirect URL for OAuth section. As you can see from our flow, end users do not login and therefore we do not want to redirect them anywhere. They are simply joining the meeting.

Can you please elaborate on what the Redirect URL is for and what we should put in if end users are not logging in.

Thank you

@courtney ,

The redirect url for oauth allows the SDK to retrieve for token of a user from a webservice. This is for user(s) who has give explicit permission to access their data (dependent on the scope chosen).

In your case, if your users are just joining a meeting, you can ignore the redirect url for oauth field.

If I’m not mistaken, leaving it blank should not affect the configuration / activation of your Meeting SDK App Type.

Thank you @chunsiong.zoom for the reply. I went back to the app and wanted to confirm that our setup is okay per your note. Please see my two questions below.

1. When we do not input the re-direct URL, I can see that the “App Credentials” Section never receives a checkmark indicating it is ready to use. It sounds like, even without the checkmark, we can utilize the app credentials?
  2. In the SDK Activation section, it shows it is not ready for users to add. With your note and our use case where users are not adding the app, I believe it is okay that it is not ready to add as it won’t be added. Is that a correct understanding?

Hi @courtney ,

1. When we do not input the re-direct URL, I can see that the “App Credentials” Section never receives a checkmark indicating it is ready to use. It sounds like, even without the checkmark, we can utilize the app credentials?

Answer: App Credentials now works for both SDK and OAuth authentication. The redirect url for oauth falls under the latter (OAuth authentication,which you are currently not using)

1. SDK authentication
  2. OAuth authentication.
  • redirect url for oauth
  1. In the SDK Activation section, it shows it is not ready for users to add. With your note and our use case where users are not adding the app, I believe it is okay that it is not ready to add as it won’t be added. Is that a correct understanding?

Answer: It is ok, if you are not using the OAuth functionality