New zoom SDK, "powered by zoom" text still flickers!

Hi,
I’ve updated our product to use the newest SDK (v5.2.41727.0928) once again, but “Powered by zoom” still flickers. The only version without this annoying problem is v4.6.21666.0428 and we are stuck with that since. This problem is blocking and preventing our products from releasing with the latest SDK.

Can you please look into it and fix asap? Thanks!

Hi @bragma,

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear that you are still facing this issue. We did some fixes for the watermark in v5.2.41727.0928 but it seems like the issue is still happening. We have tested this case but we were not able to reproduce it so I will need some additional info:

1. Is this issue happening on a certain device or on all devices that you have tested?
  2. What is the DPI of the device that has this issue?
  3. How do you subscribe to a video view? Is this issue reproducible with the demo app? If so, could you provide the steps to reproduce it?

Looking forward to hearing from you and pardon the inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for answering. I’ll have to gather all required infos and get back. Regarding the demo, it is not exactly the same as my application. I am using thr C# wrapper in a WPF application so the video views are embedded in my interface using HwndHost class (one instance per video cell). Since we have to position multiple participants on specific places in our interface, we can’t use a single video container with video elements in it, because this will cover our interface. So for each participant we use 1 video container with a single video element in it (ex: 25 participants -> 25 video containers with 1 video element each). This seems to work well, but makes the scenario different than the basic demo.
Moreover the “powered by zoom” seems to appear at random in meetings during the day. Sometime it appears, sometimes is not shown for the rest of the day. It must have some internal logic to show for some time each day and becomes difficult to debug the problems…
Final problem is that the “powered by zoom” is drawn on video containers, so in our case since we have multiple containers, it happens that the text appears multiple times not once as probably intended.

IMHO the entire implementation of the watermark is ok only for the native Zoom client and probably for single container apps, but flawn in more complex scenarios.

Hi @bragma,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I have good news for you, we have removed the watermark by default in the latest version of SDK: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-windows/releases/tag/v5.2.42037.1112.

Please have a try and let me know if this issue still exists. Thank you.

1 Like

So great! Long awaited, finally come! I’ll try it right away! :grin: