No audio in SDK in Samsung Internet browser and Samsung edge browsers on Samsung tablets

Description
We are expierencing weird Zoom SDK behaviour in Samsung Internet and Microsoft Edge browsers on Samsung tablets. Although , it shows that system microphone is connected - it in fact doesn’t work: other participants don’t hear tablet user and "microphone icon " in the left bottom corner doesn’t get green, when user speaks, hence it doesn’t “catch” any voice. In addition to it, other participants aren’t heard either, when someone speaks in zoom meeting there is no sound on tablet. If you try to test your audio and microphone in setting everything works: both microphone and audio work. Meanwhile if you open Google Chrome on the same device, everything works as expected and there are no issues. Zoom React Sample SDK was tested on the same device and the same problems with audio were catched, so I think it’s a problem with Zoom SDK itself.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
We use 2.9.0 SDK version, nut the sme problem was encountered in 2.10.0.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to ‘Samsung Internet browser’
  2. Create and join a meeting.
  3. Nobody can hear you and you can’t hear anybody.

Troubleshooting Routes
Zoom React Sample SDK was tested on the same device and the same problems with audio were catched, so I think it’s a problem with Zoom SDK itself.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Samsung galaxy tab 8 sm-x200
  • Browser: Samsung Internet
  • Browser Version 20.0.3.10

Hi @zoom52 ,

Could you help me verify that the microphone permissions has been reset from android settings, and there is a prompt for permission from the android operating system?

I would like to confirm this information before confirming if this is an issue with these browsers.

Yes, the microphone permissions were reset in Android settings, but even after that , when a meeting in Zoom SDK was opened, neither speaker nor microphone worked. In addition to it, permission to use camera was requested (and it connected and worked fine), but not to use microphone. . Surprisingly, when clicking on settings arrow on Microphone button, a permission to use microphone is requested and both speaker and microphone work when testing it.
AUDIO ARROW

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.