Mobile Speaker not always working

Video SDK Type and Version
Zoom Video SDK for Web 1.8.0

Description
I’m currently working on a Zoom Video SDK for Web integration, and its working as intended for Video Calls between Web Browsers on computers and notebooks, but sometimes (not always) the person that is connected on Mobile Web Browser can’t hear what is being said by the person connected via computer, that also seems to happen when the communication is between two Mobile Web Browsers.

Troubleshooting Routes
There are no console errors regarding access to permissions or anything like that

Currently testing on a Samsung Galaxy A30s, where sometimes i can hear the video call, my other times i can’t. Most of the times i can’t.

Hey @joaovcapistrano

Thanks for your feedback.

Would you mind sharing the session ID with us to investigate the issue when it occurs again?

Or if you can enable the telemetry feature and send the report to us, it’s better.

P.S.
Client telemetry has been supported since Video SDK Web 1.8.5.

Thanks
Vic

Sorry for taking so long to reply, i didn’t have the time to work on this integration for a while, but now i’m back to it.

I’ve enabled the telemetry feature, i hope it all goes well. My telemetry id is ALLMINDS23HUMANOIDE

If you need something else to help me solve this issue, just let me know

1 Like

Hey @joaovcapistrano

Thank you very much for reporting the log.

Could you also enable the telemetry on the mobile browser? We can analyze them on both sides.

Thanks
Vic

Sure, telemetry is now enabled for both ends of the meeting.

Hey @joaovcapistrano

Thanks for your assistance.

Could you please submit the report again using your mobile device? Also, can you confirm if the telemetry id is still ALLMINDS23HUMANOIDE?

Thanks
Vic

Already did that when i enabled it yesterday, the report hasn’t arrived? i may send it again if needed. Also, yes, it is the same telemetry id.

Hey @joaovcapistrano

Thank you for your help.

We have received the logs from the mobile browser and are currently investigating the cause of this issue. We will keep you updated on any findings.

By the way, during the session, did you switch to other apps? We noticed that the audio playback unexpectedly paused.

Thanks
Vic

No i haven’t. I’ve only muted and unmuted the mics a couple of times to test the audio, and by the end of the session i left the call with both devices.

Hey @vic.yang, have you found anything on the logs that could point to the source of the error?

Hey @joaovcapistrano

Sorry for the late reply.

We will add improvements on the mobile browsers in the next release. Please stay tuned.

Thanks
Vic

I see, that’s great, but is there any temporary fix for me to do on my side while i wait for this next release?

Hey @joaovcapistrano

I’m sorry, there is currently no workaround for this issue. However, I wanted to inform you that our next release is just around the corner.

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vic.yang, how’s it going? I just wanted to check if there is an estimated release window for these fixes to go live. Just so i can keep my team’s planning and workflow up to date.

Hey @joaovcapistrano

The next release is around Oct 10th.

Thanks
Vic

Hey there, i’ve updated Zoom Video SDK to the newest version, but the issue seems to be persisiting on my end, most of the time you can’t hear the VideoCall on the Mobile Device Browser. Is there anything new i must do in order to make it work in this new version?

I’ve also already sent new Telemetry Reports, both from Mobile Device Browser and from Computer Web Browser. The Telemetry ID is ALLMINDS23HUMANOIDE

Hey @joaovcapistrano

Thanks for your feedback.

I saw the logs and found on the mobile, that you were using [default - Padrão] audio speaker, to help me troubleshoot the speakers, could you test the following code?

const localAudioTrack = ZoomVideo.createLocalAudioTrack();
localAudioTrack.testSpeaker({
  onAnalyseFrequency: (v) => {
    console.log(`speaker frequency:${v}`);
  },
});

Or test the speaker on our sample app, you can start the app then go to the LocalPreview page and click the “Test Speaker” button.

Thanks
Vic

Also happening with us, the audio sometimes not receiving on desktop and mobile browsers after joining session and start audio, but in participant’s update payload ( ParticipantPropertiesPayload | Zoom Video SDK for Web - 1.9.0 audio status shows that the audio is joined. Due to this issue, we have replaced our whole app code with video sdk sample react app ( videosdk-web-sample/react-demo at master · zoom/videosdk-web-sample · GitHub) but this issue still persists.

Hello, i’ve sent new telemetry reports using the troubleshooting code. During testing i was able to hear the debugging audiotrack on both devices, but i still can’t hear the other user’s microphone while on the Mobile Device Browser.

Hey @joaovcapistrano

Thank you for your feedback.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We have received the log you uploaded and are currently analyzing it. I assure you that we will keep you updated on any developments.

Thanks
Vic