No longer receiving user_email address in webinar participant report

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
Using pszoom to retrieve the webinar particpant report. This has been done for a re-ocrruing webinar for some time now weekly. Yesterdays meeting report however does not show any email addressees for any of the attendees yet nothing changed on the script pulling it or the meeting that was used.

Error
No error per-se just blank in the report. When a report is pulled via the web interface it does seem to contain the email address. Its just when using the API that this seems to happen.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
not sure of this answer

Which Endpoint/s?
webinar participant report generation

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Using pszoom run:
$results = Get-ZoomWebinarParticipantsReport -WebinarId “810400632” -PageSize 300 -NextPageToken ($results.next_page_token).tostring() -apiKey $api_key -ApiSecret $api_secret -ErrorVariable errorCapture

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @richard.wills

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Can yo confirm that you can see the report through the Web portal?
It is just when calling the API that you get a blank report? If so could you share the response body with me please (make sure to edit personal information)

Thanks
Elisa

I received some updated info today. The report from Web portal ALSO is missing email addresses for the attendees.

I’ve attached a screenshot of what the report shows when generated from the web interface (scrubbed the usernames but they’re in there and correct) and also an example of the one generated from the api using pszoom. Both reports everything looks correct except just no email addresses

I have screenshots i can send but everytime i try to upload them to this post i get an error that i’m unable to embed images

Hi @richard.wills
Thanks for sharing more details with me.
Could you please share the webinar ID of the webinar that you are experiencing this issue so I can look into our logs?
Best,
Elisa

810 400 632 should be the webinar id in question. Thanks

Hi @richard.wills
I can see that this is a recurrent webinar.
Is this happening with all of the instances or with one in particular?

Just that one mtg in particular so far, one was held last week but i haven’t seen the results of that report yet

I’ve just ran the most recent report for this recurring webinarID and the email addresses are still missing and not returned on the most recent recurring webinar.

Hi @richard.wills

I have reached out to our Engineering team about this issue. I will come back to you as soon as I hear back from them.
Best,
Elisa

Thank you… I did get confirmation that the issue is ongoing for that recurring webinar.

Hi @richard.wills
Thanks for your patience while I investigated this issue.
I heard back from our team and it seems that this customer has a BAA security agreement under their account, which prevent sharing some data.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

I’m not sure what that means… this is for a webinar that we host.

Hi @richard.wills
This basically means that when a customer enables the BBA feature in their account, this is a security option that protects personal data such as emails to show in our reports. We do not have access to that information.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.