Not getting email of user in poll result

Hi,

I am using past meeting poll API to get the poll result.

I have sucessfuly got the result of poll . but user email is not in PI response who have answer the poll question.

All users have logged in zoom and then joins the meeting but in api response not have email of any user only name were given

Please help why email of user not in api response

Hey @akash.sourav

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

I am not able to find it in the given thread. please help

Please help. does not find any solution regarding this

Hey @akash.sourav,

Thanks for reaching out—can you confirm whether or not the participants in your meeting who took the poll were either users under your account or registered? I ask because if that’s not the case, this information (email) will be left blank to protect users’ data.

Let me know if you can confirm!

Thanks,
Will

Hi,
I am facing the same issue.

I have checked all the attendees and they all are registered for the meeting. Still, I am not getting the email in the API result.

I am using “/report/meetings/{meetingId}/polls” this API call to fetch poll results. Please help me resolving this issue.

Hi @asit.pandi,

Are these attendees users under your account, or guests? If they’re not users under your account, you will not see their email in the API response.

Thanks,
Will

Hi, @will.zoom Is there a way I can see the emails on the API response no matter what the attendee is?

Hi @asit.pandi,

Not at the moment—emails for guests or non authenticated users are masked for privacy reasons.

Thanks,
Will

Hi, @will.zoom For my case all the users are registered for the meeting. Could you please let me know even if the user is registered for the meeting, I can’t see their email in the API result?

Hi, @will.zoom Could you please help me out. I am stuck here.

Hey @asit.pandi,

Can you share the meeting ID(s) for the polls in question? I’m happy to look into it for you!

Thanks,
Will

Hi, @will.zoom please find the meeting id “99989803815” for which I am not getting email in the poll result.

We are also facing the same issue. Participant’s email address is not returned in poll results. This happens for most participants. Only for some participants, email is available. We are using meetings with registered external users.

Hi @asit.pandi,

Although your participants may have registered, their email will still be masked in the API response as they’re not users under your account. Registration will not allow you to see their email, either.

Hey @prashant1,

Are these users under your account? Note that just because they’ve registered doesn’t mean that you will be able to see their email in the API response. They would need to belong to your Zoom account as well.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom, For other meetings, I am getting emails in the poll result, and in those meetings, users are not under my account they are outsiders and just registered for the meeting. So I am wondering why this is happening to some meetings? If I can only see emails of users under my account why it is not happening for other meetings as well?

Hey @asit.pandi,

Can you share the meeting IDs where you’re seeing emails for users who don’t belong to your account returned via API? I’m happy to look into this.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.