Not receiving Chat Webhook Events for oauth app

Description
I’m not receiving Chat Webhook Events from oauth app. Please see “How to reproduce” below for the steps I took.

Error
None

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
All chat webhook events.

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. I created an oauth app with Event Subscriptions. I added all of the chat events in the subscription.
  2. I supplied my webhook endpoint that I got from this website: https://webhook.site/
  3. Selected “All users in the account”. Chat scopes were automatically added.
  4. I installed the oauth app.
  5. Go to Admin App Management > Apps on Account > My app is showing here
  6. I then go into my zoom personal meeting room and send a message in chat. No webhook comes through.

Things I have checked

• Personal App Management > Call Logs > Webhook Logs. Nothing is showing here. I’m not sure if oauth webhooks are supposed to show up here or not?
  • Tested the webhook I got from www.webhook.site and it definitely is receiving POST, PUT, GET requests that I send to it from Postman.
  • Definitely receiving 200 OK from webhook - Tested using Postman.
  • Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the zoom app
  • Does it matter that my Redirect URL for OAuth is just google.com? Do I need to be doing something with this redirection after installation?

Hi @michaeldavidbrant ,

Happy to help! Which chat webhooks are you using please?

Gianni

Hi Gianni, thanks for the reply.

Chat Message Sent
Chat Message Updated
Chat Message Deleted
Chat Message Replied

Chat Channel Created
Chat Channel Updated
Chat Channel Deleted

Hi, @michaeldavidbrant,

I understand that Chat and Channel events are triggered when sending messages via the Zoom Client Chat. I tested Chat Webhook events with request bin, and I can receive Chat Webhook Events for my OAuth App. Here is a video of the below events being triggered:

Chat Message Sent
Chat Message Updated
Chat Message Deleted
Chat Message Replied

Chat Channel Created
Chat Channel Updated
Chat Channel Deleted

Let me know if I am missing something or if you have further clarification.

Best,
Donte

1 Like

Donte, thanks so much for the video! I realized that I’m using the chat window in the video call, but you’re using the chat window outside of the video call. I’m guessing that is what is considered the chat client.

Is there any way to get webhook events from the chat that is occuring during a video call?

@michaeldavidbrant,

Currently, the webhook events are for chat window outside of the video call. However, it is possible to get Get “In Meeting Chat” messages with the API. Here is our developer support guide on that :

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.