Not getting event notifications for chat channel and Chat Msg

Description
I have not been able to get any event notifications for chat messages in these 2 days while it could before and events for user related are sending successfully.

Error
No error messages - just not getting events

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
oAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
https://webhook.site/5801f955-b500-4b15-a094-d69c39735145

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create an oAuth App with webhook endpoint
  2. Checked the events below:
    Chat Channel: Chat Channel Created, Chat Channel deleted, Member removed, Member Left
    Chat Message: Chat Message Sent, Chat Message Updated, Chat Message Deleted, Chat Message Replied
  3. Create a channel , sent/updated/reply/delete msg in that channel
  4. check the events sent to the webhook endpoint

Screenshots (If applicable)

Hi @testadmin3,

Thanks for reaching out about this—a few things to double check:

• Can you make sure you’ve installed the app under the account you’re subscribing to events under?
  • Can you ensure that your endpoints returns a 200OK response upon receipt of Zoom payloads?
  • Ensure that the app owner and installer have the appropriate permissions to manage Chat Messages and Channels under role management

Let me know if you’ve had a chance to check these points—thanks!
Will

Hi Will,

Please find the answers for the questions you listed:

1. I created the oAuth app with user A, and sent the chat msg by User A
  2. The webhook endpoint return s 200OK, since I can get events for user Login/Logout
  3. refer to item1, I believe they have the same permission.

Note:
I received chat events successfully before, it stopped suddenly 3 days ago. And I can received user activity events, so I believe the setting is OK.

Thanks,
Michelle

Hi @testadmin3,

Tank you for clarifying—after checking with our Engineering team, they let me know that they released a fix for an issue with Chat Message webhooks that was affecting a small subset of users recently. This was fixed yesterday.

Can you let me know if you’re still seeing this issue?

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

Problem solved. Thanks very much.

Best,
Michelle

Glad I could help! :slight_smile: