Not receiving webhooks

Hey @neecholai,

How are you triggering the meeting update and meeting registration update?

Please share steps to reproduce the issue, and the userId of the user who it is not working for.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Thanks for your help.

The user is triggering the meeting update by directly updating the meeting on Zoom.

We are expecting to trigger the meeting.registration_updated webhook with a POST request to /meetings/MEETING_ID/registrants and passing in email, first_name, and last_name to the request body.

We just submitted an update request in case that was the issue but it was approved around 2pm today and the meeting.registration_updated webhook still didn’t fire around 9pm. We’ll have the user create another meeting tomorrow to test again.

The userID that it’s not working for is PrNIb-ZMS7mz4hV9MFxN5A and the meetingID that it’s not working for is 87029582620

Thank you,
Nicholai

Hey @neecholai,

Can you send me a link to the meeting.registration_updated webhook on our docs? I don’t see it listed as a webhook.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

My apologies, meeting.registration_created is the webhook attempted => registration_created_webhook, although meeting.updated was not working either => meeting_updated_webhook.

Do you know if it’s an issue with that userID or if it’s something else? The webhooks seem to be working with some users but not others.

Best,
Nicholai

Hey @neecholai,

Thanks for the details. What is the userID for the user that the webhooks are not sending for?

-Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Thanks for the help. The userId is PrNIb-ZMS7mz4hV9MFxN5A. I also just provided more info and an update at this post => https://devforum.zoom.us/t/zoom-webhooks-severely-delayed-for-user-managed-oauth-app/16238/23

I’ll keep the conversation to this thread moving forward because it’s relevant to the topic. Copying what I posted there below for your reference:

Upon further investigation, that userId where the webhooks aren’t working is not being added as a a subscription in the list of subscribers under the “View Subscriptions”.

The user whose webhooks are not working (PrNIb-ZMS7mz4hV9MFxN5A) re-oauthed, and they still did not appear on this list of subscriptions. They are able to create events through our app (i.e. their tokens are pinging the zoom API correctly to create a meeting), but webhooks are not firing for this user.

@tommy
UPDATE - 7/29
User oauthed and tokens were provided to user but they were not subscribed to our webhooks. They had to manually go to our app page https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/DtwmjxfxTBKpolPrrkM4Yw to click the button to login and install app. Only then did the webhooks work. Do you know why this is the case and why the oauth process did not subscribe them to the webhooks?

Thanks @neecholai,

I have replied to you in that thread.

-Tommy

Hey @neecholai,

Can you share another meetingUUID of a webhook that did not send for your user? We were not able to use the prior meetingUUID you shared.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Thank you! We discovered the issue was with their admin had not provided the permissions for our app to use the webhooks. Since the app was already installed there was no error messaging about this. Once the user uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall that’s when we were able to see that message.

Sorry for the delay in pinging you back here. Thank you for your help here on diagnosing this.

Cheers,
Nicholai

1 Like

Hey @neecholai,

Happy to hear you got it sorted out! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy