"Not support start meeting via tokens" getting error when starting meeting with zak token

We have integrated the Web SDK to our react application. We were using simple api key to start meeting and that was working fine. But problem was we can’t start meeting for the external Zoom user (can only join). As per the documentation, we tried using sdkkKey and zak to start meeting and we are unable to do that. We are getting “Not support start meeting via tokens” error.
We even tried various versions and tried sending zak with apiKey instead of sdkKey. But nothing is working and even, we couldn’t find anything on Internet.
My Queries are:

1. Why we are getting that error and How to fix that?
  2. Is there any other way to start meetings of external users in webSDK?

Here’s what I have tried:

this.ZoomMtg.join({
signature: signature,
meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
userName: meetConfig.userName,
sdkKey: meetConfig.sdkKey,
zak: meetConfig.zakToken,
userEmail: meetConfig.userEmail,
passWord: meetConfig.passWord,
customerKey: meetConfig.userEmail,
success: (success) => {
console.log(success)
},
error: (error) => {
console.log(error)
}
})

and

this.ZoomMtg.join({
signature: signature,
meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
userName: meetConfig.userName,
apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey,
zak: meetConfig.zakToken,
userEmail: meetConfig.userEmail,
passWord: meetConfig.passWord,
customerKey: meetConfig.userEmail,
success: (success) => {
console.log(success)
},
error: (error) => {
console.log(error)
}
})

@prabhjot_insonix

I opened up a thread for similar issue yesterday and wanted to share incase a zoom developer replies to mine first with a resolution.

The issue is fixed. We needed to pass “type=zak” query parameter when retrieveing zak token of the user.
GET: https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/token/?type=zak
Documentation: Zoom Meeting API

2 Likes

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue, @prabhjot_insonix! Thank you for sharing your solution with other community members.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.