OAuth access - multiple installs from same user

We are seeing what seems to be an authorization issue when a Zoom app is installed multiple times for the same user.

We have a multi tenant SaaS app where one user can have multiple accounts. So each account can configure an integration with Zoom. In this case we have:
Account1 → ZoomUserFoo. So AppX is installed for ZoomUserFoo.
Account2 → ZoomUserFoo. Again AppX is installed for ZoomUserFoo.

This works for Account1 but while the OAuth flow is successful for Account2 I receive errors when querying the API. For example no results returned for listing users. The same works for Account1. Our integration works for single install but not in this case where the same Zoom user has installed the app twice.

Is there some limitation here that I am not aware of? Is it only possible to have one install of an app for a Zoom user?

Hi @espen,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Based on the situation you’ve described here, it sounds like the second install of the app is likely invalidating the original access_token retrieved for the user when the app was initially installed.

I should clarify that a user can only have one active access_token at a time for a given OAuth integration. If the user installs the same app after their initial install, it will request a new token and invalidate the previous one.

Let me know if this makes sense!
Will

Ok. That is a problem for us. Our app has separate accounts and due to security we cannot share the Zoom access_token between accounts.

Are there any plans to allow multiple app installs?

Hey @espen,

Currently, we don’t have plans to allow a user to install an app multiple times. Instead, you may want to make the app context aware so that it knows what action to take depending on the account that it is dealing with. This would need to be set up outside of Zoom.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.