Multiple Zoom/ App installs?

What happens if one user registers the same App twice or even more?

Let’s say we have some CRM Application and implemented a zoom-App for the integration. What if on the CRM side one zoom user has two accounts that should be linked to one and the same zoom Account?

I just tried it out, on the zoom side I get the App installed just once. When I uninstalled the App, it deinstalled the first account registered (I guess), the second gets stucked because there is no more app to deinstall. I am not sure what tokens are still working, it would need more extensive testing. Before I start reverse engineering what happens when and why: is there some documentation elaborating on that?

In my special case I do have some users that do have more than one account on my end. They surely will try to bind those different accounts to the same account in zoom, and I cannot do anything about it on my end.

Hope someone can help here…

Hey @pgtaboada,

Are you asking what happens if a Zoom user installs the same Zoom App twice?

If so, that is not possible, if they reinstall the app, it will just provide you with new tokens.

Can you share the Zoom tokens between the two accounts on your end?

Thanks,
Tommy

yes - and then the previous install gets stucked because it does not get uninstalled, or is the deauth called on the currently available installation?

I cannot share because they are really separate accounts and do not know each other… :slight_smile:

Hey @pgtaboada,

The previous install tokens become invalid, because new ones are generated. Deauth is not called.

I would suggest connecting the two accounts with the one Zoom OAuth account.

Thanks,
Tommy