OAuth Error : App cannot be installed outside the developer's account

Description
I have an app published to the Zoom App Marketplace (https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/dgwTICG3TciF-2x_XayYSA), but when a user tries to connect they get the error. It is happening for all users that we try including our test account that has a Pro License.

Error
You cannot authorize the app - This app cannot be installed outside of the developer’s account. Please contact the application developer to get support with installing this application.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

App Name
GrowthZone

Endpoint
Oauth Development endpoints

Hi @growthzone_dev can you verify that your install link is using your Production credentials, not Development credentials? If not, please swap these :slight_smile:

No, I am using my development credentials because I am trying to test the integration. How can we test the app outside of production? Is there a way for a developer account to be allowed to test the api even ones that require a Licensed host?

No, I am using my development credentials because I am trying to test the integration. How can we test the app outside of production? Is there a way for a developer account to be allowed to test the api even ones that require a Licensed host?

Hey @growthzone_dev,

Only your published, production app can be installed outside of your account.

If you’d like, you can request a beta test url, but that also uses your production API credentials.

Thanks,
Tommy

OK, so our development account has to be a licensed / paid account in order to test all of the features of the API? Is there a way to enable the restricted functionality for the development account that is used to create the app in the marketplace?
This is my biggest hang up, how can we be expected to QA our integration if the development account is locked down?

Hey @growthzone_dev,

Not necessarily. Are you using your development credentials for your app to test it? I am confused, do you have one single OAuth app?

Thanks,
Tommy

We have one Oauth App that we use. When we use the development endpoint from that app and use our developer account to connect / auth we will get errors when trying to add registrants because we are not a licensed / paid account.
When this happened we tried connected to our dev endpoint with a paid account because we needed to test this functionality before releasing it to our customers, but then we get an error that only the developer accounts can use that endpoint / auth.
So it seems we are forced to test the licensed portions of the api in production mode with a licensed user. There does not seem to be clear way to test your api with a free developer account.

Hey @growthzone_dev,

You can test in your apps development environment, but for paid features like registration and cloud recording, the user will need to be licensed.

Thanks,
Tommy