OAuth shows allways invalid Costumer_ID. But I have copy them from the ZOOM Developer App Manage Site

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
Today i want to establish a new test OAuth Connection. I set it up the same as last month’s and my program hasn’t changed either. But now I always get the following error.

Error
I have only the Error Message at the Zoom Site.
“Ungültige Kunden_ID: XkxoEqF0Q7SSon37hwrRpA (4.702)”
in English "Invalid Costumer_ID:…

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Screenshots (If applicable)
Test-20210419-1

Have you change the procces?
As I said, last month I was able to set up another one without any problems.

Greetings
Ralf

Hi @ralf.gronau1965,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to help.

As a first step, a few things to double check:

• You’ve successfully created an OAuth App to generate a Client ID and Client Secret
  • You’re grabbing the code parameter from the redirect URL after hitting the user installation URL (install button, testable URL)
  • You’re including the required Authorization header in your request

Once you’ve double checked these things, I also recommend checking out this thread:

Can you let me know if still have trouble after double checking these items?

Thanks!
Will

Has anybody any idea?

It is, after all, the first step in establishing an OAuth connection.
And I got always similar as the following back.

https://zoom.us/oauth/signin?_rnd=1618936951368&client_id=XkxoEqF0Q7SSon37hwrRpA&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fralfgronau.de&response_type=code&_x_zm_rtaid=uI8LPi97QqGY5A0VXoqpgw.1618936951367.ba39146c8bf3504361c2aeb54b1c7db3&_x_zm_rhtaid=351

Although I had copied the client_id directly from the Zoom → Development → App Marketplace → Manage → ‘My App’.

That’s why I don’t understand the message in the second post. The client_id exists!
And as I have already written, a month ago it was still working.

Something must have changed in the last month regarding the OAuth login.

Unfortunately, there is no explanation about this in the following instructions.

Can anybody help me? It is very important for me and the university I work for. We have several thousand ZOOm licenses and we want to manage them with our own program.

Greetings

Ralf

Hey Will,

thank you for answer.

Yes I have check them several times.

And the problem already occurs with the first step. Before I even need the Authorization Header.

The question is why the error message comes up that the client_id is unknown.

Whereas I copied them directly out of my Zoom account.

And I checked carefully that no whitespaces were attached

And I compared the install URL from ZOOM exactly with what I sent. 100% the same.

Thanks!
Ralf

This is a screenshot from the ZOOM OUTH App Konfiguration:

Then I used the copy Button at the end from the ‘Installation URL’ and paste it in a Browser Tab and press Enter:

The error ‘Ungültige Kunden_ID’ means in English ‘Invalid customer_ID’

So you can see that the mistake occour without my application!

So It must be a ZOOM mistake!

Greetings

Ralf

As I showed in post 8, it’s obviously a zoom problem.

Am I the only one who has this problem? Doesn’t anyone else have the same problem?

For example, why does Zoom talk about client_id on the app development page and customer_id in the error message?

Is Zoom mixing things up?

Greetings
Ralf

Hey @ralf.gronau1965,

Thank you for providing more information on the issue that you’re seeing. Please make sure that you are attempting to install the app as a user that is under your account as this is required prior to publishing an app. You’ll also want to make sure that you aren’t logged in to zoom.us as a different user than you expect.

I’ll note that for the redirect URI, that must be a publicly accessible URL for the OAuth flow to work so using locahost here will cause issues but I don’t think that’s the cause of the error that you mentioned.

If that isn’t helpful, please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the email of the user that is attempting to install this app and we’ll investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @ralf.gronau1965 ,

This is a bug we are working to fix.

The current work around is to create a new OAuth app and it should work. :slight_smile: (ZOOM-268107)

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.