OAuth when adding app in marketplace

I’m trying to create an app in the marketplace to use webhooks and the api to integrate with our users zoom phone. I created the app and when I go to add the app to my account it opens the zoom oauth permissions screen and then gets redirected to the url I provided where the user then has to login to our system? This whole flow is confusing to me, in other integrations oauth is initiated from our app and the user has to login and authorize permission on the partners site. Is there a different flow where oauth isn’t initiated on the marketplace and instead initiated on our side?

Hey @jblair, pardon any confusion, I can see how our OAuth flow differs from other platforms. You have the option of allowing users to either start authorization from the App Marketplace (Authorization URL) or your own app.

Navigate to the Production settings of your app, then App Listing page and the Link & Support tab.

If you select From Marketplace, users can trigger authorization from the Install button on your app listing.

If you select From your site, users will go to your app to install the app.

This would then allow you to choose when to trigger someone to kick out to the Zoom app authorization page using your authorization URL (say, a button that says “Connect your Zoom account”).

The authorization URL (which could be that button) would be:

https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&client_id={PROD_CLIENT_ID}&redirect_uri={REDIRECT_URL_TO_YOUR_APP}

Docs on requesting a user’s authorization: OAuth for user authorized apps

Oh, great, thanks!

So that setting is only under the “Production” tab, will that still work while it’s in development?

1 Like

Yes, becuase that setting will only ever matter when published as the only time a user can authorize from the Marketplace is after it is published (“production”). (This option affects the link on Zoom’s app marketplace listing page).

You can always use/create the authorization URL for your app to push someone to that app install screen (using Dev/Prod credentials) & prompt the OAuth flow.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.