Questions Regarding New Private App

Good morning, Im hoping someone can help clear up some confusion for me. We are working on a new integration with our app to allow instant meeting creation. My confusion is around how to make this work in a private situation. We would not want to public this in the marketplace because it is just using the API to authorize and create new meetings. The links are then used to utilize the Zoom interface to conduct the meeting. The site is publicly accessible but is only used by specific groups of users. So far I seem to only be able to submit to publish in the marketplace which we do not want. The button on the webpage opens a new window to obtain authorization from the user so that the meeting can be created so I cannot see how the marketplace would fit in here.

Hey @beichen,

You can follow this flow to have your app published, but not installable from the general public:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy that is very helpful. One thing I may have missed while reading through the docs is that is says once published it allows a user to install it to their account. It sounds like this basically allows the user to pre-authorize the application. Am I reading this right or is that only part of what happens there?

1 Like

Hey @beichen, happy to help! :slight_smile:

Can you point me to this in the docs so I can clear up any confusion?

Thanks,
Tommy

2nd Sentence: When published, Zoom users and admins can install your app onto their accounts right from the directory of the Marketplace.

Hey @beichen,

Correct, your app can be installed by the public here: http://marketplace.zoom.us/

However, you can limit who can install your app by directing the users to your site first, where you would have a login system and perhaps a paywall:

Thanks,
Tommy